Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Don't forget short, bald, and inbred.

I don't see your picture up, fatfuck.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget short, bald, and inbred.

I don't see your picture up, fatfuck.
he mad
Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

jelly over pixels cause his gf fucked his bff
Old 03-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned

You're delusional in the worst way if you think 3+ year-old things that no one cares about are going to get even an inkling of a rise out of me.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

^ fat, jelly guy getting emotional over pixels
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True Yendor, but it is/was my opinion that the system was used specifically to attempt to distribute the rares to as many different groups of players as possible. So that everyone, regardless of level, would have an relatively equal chance at getting a rare.

As such, I believe that so many rares going to one group of people (low levels specifically made to farm the rares) was unintended.

A dev or GM could clear this up, but this is what I believe.
You placed the artificial restriction that you had to be playing a certain toon and XPing in a certain fashion on yourself. You can't hold the devs accountable for that.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 03-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ fat, jelly guy getting emotional over pixels
Old 03-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You placed the artificial restriction that you had to be playing a certain toon and XPing in a certain fashion on yourself. You can't hold the devs accountable for that.
But how do I know that the devs did not intend for the event to be exactly as I thought it should be? I interpreted the event and the dev's intentions to be the way I described it in previous posts. From the dev's perspective I have heard these things:

1) From Nilbog: Just because you at 50+ did not see any rares does not mean the distribution was unbalanced.

This is true, but we have the evidence that the majority of the drops went to people levels 1-10. I find it highly doubtful that there were more people playing from 1-10 last night than from 10-51.

2) Rogean: What exactly are you bitching about? I think you are bitching just to bitch, so STFU.

In my post after his, I explain why I felt the system was unfair and unbalanced. And in other posts, I also explained why I am complaining, going over various reasons why I was posting. Now Yendor has brought in some aspects of a debate, I am curious to see if I can adequately defend my position.

3) Hobby: Some people kinda exploited the system. But hey, no system is perfect.

Hobby gave the best response out of everyone. I just wished he had gone into more detail. Like in a previous post I explained why I thought the devs did not change the system after they realized too many rares were going to the 1-10 level range. If a dev said anything along those lines, I would accept it completely and any controversy would be over.

4) Nilbog again: The rares that dropped aren't going to really affect anything in the long term, so relax.

This is a true statement. But it has little bearing on why I was upset.

5) Uthgaard: Implications of the rares (like Nilbog said) are incredibly small. Us devs and GMs did nothing wrong, so STFU.

Again, this avoids the issue that I had. I am not claiming that GMs "fucked up" or screwed the event all to hell. Far from it. I just believe that the way things played out was unfair, unbalanced and not the way they had intended. Chalk it up to trying something new, but at least own it. A simple, "hey, things didn't work exactly like we thought, and X, Y and Z are the reasons why we didn't spend the time/devote the resources to fix it."

And that sums up the dev responses to this topic. For the record, I'm too lazy to quote everything they said, so I paraphrased. Sue me.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Really? You're this upset over the sweepstakes pixels a day later?

It was a lottery. Do you get upset if your lottery ticket doesn't win? There were over 1500 people playing last night. What were there, 30 or so loots? That means the chance of any individual winning something were down around 2% assuming even distribution.

With a sample of 30 outcomes, we don't even have a statistically significant test of the algorithm. It just so happened that a bunch of low level characters seemed to get most of the drops. Maybe there was a problem with the algorithm. Maybe that's just how the random numbers came up.

There is something about randomness that some people don't seem to understand. Random numbers are not evenly distributed. An even distribution is not random at all. If I play craps for a couple of hours, I'm not going to roll all the possible combinations of numbers in anything approaching a regular distribution. It's random. If I haven't rolled a seven for half an hour, that does not have any effect whatsoever on the next roll. It is entirely possible that we could run the exact same script under the exact same circumstances again and get an entirely different outcome. Or, as I said, it's also possible that there was a problem in the implementation. We'll never know for sure.

We'll also never know what was going on in the lowbie zones. The bitter claims of fact in this thread make no sense--if those people had been in the lowbie zones... do I even need to finish this thought?

I'd suggest taking a break to get some perspective. This is a nostalgia version of an old video game. We play this for fun. You don't seem to be having fun.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Aviak

Not that it matters but I got my drops in East Karana off of a Dark Stalker (guise) and a Griffawn (scimitar), doing normal XP grind mobs at a pace fitting for a level 18 druid who had probably the shittiest gear on the server.
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Closed Thread