Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Kobold

Cool Please sign the Nickelodeon Petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/jnb9/petition.html

I know this should be in off-topic, but im willing to accept any consequences to let the main chat people see this. Thanks.

During the 1980s and early 1990s we grew up watching the greatest network on TV at that time: Nickelodeon. Now we, Nick's earliest fans, call upon Nick to return to the air the shows that made them what they are today. These shows include, but are not limited too: Adventures of Pete and Pete, Adventures of the Little Koala, Adventures of Tin Tin, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Belle and Sebastian, Count Duckula, Danger Mouse, Double Dare, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, Hey Dude, Little Prince, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Out of Control, Pinwheel, Roundhouse, Salute Your Shorts, Today's Special, and You Can't Do That on Television, as well as live-action and animated shorts (Bananaman, early Pete and Pete, etc.). By bringing these shows back, Nickelodeon would be doing a great service to both long time Nick fans, and the new generation of Nick fans, whom they could catch on with. We realize there are some copyright issues among some of these, and we know that it might not be feasible to create a whole new network for them (though that would be great!), but if Nick can air them during a special weekend, or even release them to video, it would be wonderful. By signing this petition you state that you agree that these shows should return to the air.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't that nicktoons? or whatever...

Also how could you leave out Doug? Rocko? Angry Beavers!!?

so many of the greats forgotten.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

O donkey lips how i miss thee.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Catdog, Hey Arnold...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trannce715 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
O donkey lips how i miss thee.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

True, the only recent cartoon that was watchable on the Nick stations was Avatar: The last Airbender. It ended last year or the year before I think. But, yeah, the station is utterly useless these days.

Its the end result of trying to hard to not offend anyone race/creed/nationality. Think of Dexter's lab and his accent, "will this insult anyone's nationality?" or "is Ren and Stimpy too gross?" In the end you get programs that are boring. It feels like they just extrapolated Sesame Street up like 10 years. Most parents are okay with this I guess, its weird. I'd rather have my kids watch thought provoking anime (not all of it is) instead of 98% of the crap on TV these days.
Last edited by moklianne; 04-22-2011 at 10:48 AM..
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Kobold

I don't know about the others but you can watch the mysterious cities of gold on hulu or netflix
Old 04-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

What about Legends of the Hidden Temple? GO SILVER SNAKES!~
Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

LotHT was a blast to watch...

GUTS was also good...
Old 04-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Orc

as much as i love all of these shows, money talks...and i don't ever see Nickelodeon being convinced it'd be worthwhile to invest the time/effort/resources to try and make money on kids shows that are horribly outdated and probably only marketable to people who grew up in the 90s. sorry, but i think Nick @ Nite is the closest you're gonna get to this (Fresh Prince!)

i've got all these shows on VHS/avi anyway. who cares about TV. torrent much? :P

EDIT: oh anyone remember Nick Arcade? haha god that show was ridiculous.
Closed Thread