Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Kobold

Default Is leveling in Unrest possible as a Iksar?

Hi,

I'm new to this server. I played back in 99 (cazic-thule server) from launch until about 1 month after kunark released. I was a Half Elf Paladin and enjoyed the game quite a bit, but always envied other classes especially the monk.

Anyway more than a decade later I have another chance to play one so I thought I'd give the monk a shot. The problem is I really want to play a Iksar, but I also want to relive the old school world (especially Unrest).

Is it feasible to make a newbie Iksar and bring him over to the old world at a fairly early level? My main goal is to get to unrest as early as possible (level wise).

I don't really have a clue how to get there from the lizard world. I guess I could ask for a port, but will the people at the spires kill me when I appear? Where would I bank? Who near unrest could I sell too? Anyone else done this?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Butchblock, Steamfont and Gfay port-ins are all safe. You can sell at the merchant in Steamfont druid rings (I don't know if BB has a merchant, but could sell there too). You can be bound anywhere in Gfay, so someone could bind you at the zoneline to BB in Gfay.

You'd be screwed for banking on Faydwer though. The gnomes in Ak'anon might tolerate you, but I doubt it. The dwarves/elves definitely would not.

I'm not sure where in old-world Iksars are capable of banking.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it feasible to make a newbie Iksar and bring him over to the old world at a fairly early level? My main goal is to get to unrest as early as possible (level wise).
I don't really have a clue how to get there from the lizard world. I guess I could ask for a port, but will the people at the spires kill me when I appear? Where would I bank? Who near unrest could I sell too? Anyone else done this?

Thanks for your help.
By the time you can really level in unrest (12-14) you can escape the newbie zones fairly easily. As far as getting lost, theres a ton more resources on the internet now than in 2000. Use the maps. You should have little trouble getting a port to BB or Gfay once you get to a port location or a boat. Only some spires/rings have NPC's that would attack you. Neither BB or Gfay are. You can be bound in Gfay, just like any troll, ogre, or Dark Elf.
You can sell to the poison merchant on the island, just like everyone else.
You can't bank in Kelethin or Kaladim, without alot of faction work in CB, but that's not any different than any other evil race.

Quite honestly, even though you don't really suffer from any more difficulty getting to Unrest than any Ogre or Troll, you have Kurns literally on your doorstep... why waste that?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Kobold

As far as my memory serves, my ikky monk was kos in all cities except cab before doing faction work. I would look forward to hours of factioning.

If you're wanting a sell location only in that area, try butcherblock. Run past whichever kos mobs are standing by your vendor, flop behind the vendor. When they path back pop sneak and as long as you're behind him he'll buy/sell from you.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Aviak

I grouped the other night with an iksar necro in Unrest. I think he was around 15 or so, so it's clearly doable. Dunno any of the details about his banking and stuff though.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'd be screwed for banking on Faydwer though. The gnomes in Ak'anon might tolerate you, but I doubt it. The dwarves/elves definitely would not.

I'm not sure where in old-world Iksars are capable of banking.
My troll had the same problem, I even managed "warmly" with the Kelethin/Felwithe guards but the bankers were on a different faction.

All you can do is stand outside a city and ask if some passer by heading in is banking and would they mind swapping their PP or GP for your small change. Give them a cut, usually they are very welcoming [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Helpful advice everyone, thanks.

I think i'm going to try and get my freeport faction up and just take the boat back to bank. Anyone have any idea how long something like that would take from scratch? I've found guides on how to do it, but never a time estimate. Just trying to see what i've gotten myself into here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Orc

I wouldn't bother factioning with Kelethin via Crushbone. You're only going to be low level for a little while. When you move to Sol A in your 20s, you start non kos with the guards in Neriak (only have to watch out for necro/rogue guild unless you killed cb orcs). Doing the wine quest with like 2 bags full of wine gets you up to warmly with vendors/bankers there.
Also a few hours on orcs in High Hold Pass gives you the rep you need to run around freeport giving you monk trainers and vendors (bandages + throwing weapons) and the closest bank to EC tunnel.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Kobold

I took my monk to Fay at level 6 as iksar. By 8 I could turn in belts/pads in Kaladim, and could bank in Kaladim by 10. I'm warmly in 3 cities, not counting Ak'Anon, and can bank in one of them. So, it's definitely doable and easier at lower level because of CB bein decent from 6+.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

I can think of quite a few beta-neutral merchants at your disposal.

The poison vendor in DC.
Druid rings in SF.
Druid rings in BB.
2 High Elf vendors, 1 by the docks, 1 near the aqua goblins.
There might be a few more that I'm missing.
Closed Thread