Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Fairly new to EQ, few questions

Hey guys,

so ive played EQ back in the day, but never really got into it. so over the years ive played eq on/off on official but it never felt like it did back in 99/00 so i figured id give it a go on here as a friend told me about it awhile back(he since left the game again)

now comming late to the party is allways bad for someone being new, so my first question would be:

How hard is it to get started on here?

2nd question:

id like to play a healers, is that viable as a solo new players? if so what class/race would you recommend? take into account brand new no plat/gear or anything.

Thanks for yall's time and who know maybe we will grp some day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now comming late to the party is allways bad for someone being new, so my first question would be:

2nd question:

id like to play a healers, is that viable as a solo new players? if so what class/race would you recommend? take into account brand new no plat/gear or anything.
1. It's a lot easier to get started here than it was back in the day, I'll say that.

2. Druid and shaman would be your picks. Clerics are fantastic but you will spend much more time grouping.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Aviak

Not hard to get started here.

I just started at the new year and am already lvl 55 on my warrior.

Concur, if you want healer but good soloability, go druid or shaman. I'd error on the side of shaman before druid, only because they are much more useful at higher levels and pretty OP on P99. Gear won't be too big of a problem and honestly if you hang around EC tunnel and WC rings long enough some nice people will get you some plat and cheap gear.

As for race, I'm not well versed in what's best for shamans.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys,

so ive played EQ back in the day, but never really got into it. so over the years ive played eq on/off on official but it never felt like it did back in 99/00 so i figured id give it a go on here as a friend told me about it awhile back(he since left the game again)

2nd question:

Thanks for yall's time and who know maybe we will grp some day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a lot of it comes down to how much time are you willing to dedicate in 1 sit down session?

If you are the type of player that needs to afk a lot, or can only dedicate and hour here or there, youd be better off with a solo class like necro, druid, mage, ench, monk. The issue being that it can sometimes take as much as an hour to get into a group or get a group going. If you are thinking you are somewhere in between the 2 extremes, Enchanter or Shaman is a great choice, as both can solo well and both are highly prized in group settings.

The server is also quite different now than what you experienced back in 99. While the mechanics by in large are the same, the abundance of twinked chars makes camps that normally needed a full group, only need a trio or duo. This is both good and bad IMO. Good because you dont need a full group to take on certain content, and bad for the same reason
Old 05-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the answere guys, guess ill try out a shaman and see what they are like.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

#1) you worry to much

#2) P99 is 10,000 times easier than "Live" ever was - due to the low PC population and abundance of NPC's to kill.

Leveling and equipping any character is extremely easy and effortless.

The difference is : Individuals create bottlenecks on specific items in order to charge you for them. Their RMTing + paying for their guild recharges

PS recharging was nerfed and stopped by the way... before kunark =)

SO - its not really a "classic everyquest" emulator. Its more of a version of it than anything. Lots of things going on that are not classic at all.. Such as the cleric stun nerfs. Never happened!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

IMO installing the game is a huge pain in the ass. I watched several YouTube videos and had to read and re read the how too guides several times before I finally got it. Modifying files and that sort of thing is not the easiest thing to me. If you’re computer savvy then it may be easier for you. That’s the hardest part for me.
Actually playing the game once you get it installed is easy but a big learning curve. The good thing is most people I’ve talked to are extremely friendly and willing to help. I even had a guy give my warrior a bunch of really nice items and armor for free.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

Hello Mayans,

I have answers to both of your questione and will share them with you in a moment, but first, I would like to welcome you to our community. We all like EQ very much and are pleased to have you among us. Now then,

FIRST answer: No.

SECOND answer: No.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Easier to get started now than ever.

Play halfling druid for your first class if you want to be a healer that levels quickly and has a great starting zone.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Banned

Yeah, I definitely gotta +1 to the Druid for first character!
Closed Thread