Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi folks,

Over the past week or so I've spent about 17 hours camping a sarnak courier in LOIO in hopes of getting a Goblin Gazughi Ring.

I've had great luck with him spawning, with 71 spawns so far. From the 71 spawns I have had 0 Gobline Gazughi Rings drop.

What say you P99 community?! Has anyone had him spawn more times than that with no drops? I accept all challengers!
I camped it once and i dont remember the number of the trash rings I had but it was way more than my entire inventory. I will, never. ever. ever. camp that ring again under any circumstances. I dont want to say I spent more time than 71 hours but I probably at least spent 70.

When I first came to P99 a dude named ababaababacab took me there he was like "u a noob? come check this out" and we got a ring after 2 kills and he let me have it and told me I was very lucky. I was like huh?

Then the forums informed me he was like an infamous person on p99 lol I was glad I got to see a jesse james and he gave me a cool ring. Thats my story.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This does make me wonder what the unluckiest person in p99 history has been as far as the time to get a drop / expected time to get a drop. Given the number of things people camp, some poor unfortunate soul has probably spent hundreds of hours trying to get something that is supposed to drop all the time.
Not p99 but back on Saryrn server. I was down to half a dozen things needed for the mage epic 1.0. I had the earth staff, water staff, 7th island crown was in the guild bank and most of the minor drops.

Key word MOST. The power of fire from Solusek's Eye. Since I was a gnome there was no killing gnomes so blazing elementals it was. I had just finished Queen of the Damned and decided to start in on The Witching Hour. Since I was level 60 it was easy to waltz into Sol A and kill the 2 elementals; wait 18 minutes kill them again. Anyway, between spawns I'd read more of the book. Time went on, more elementals died and more pages read. In the end the book was good and the power of fire finally dropped just as I was finishing the book.

I can't say how long it took to get that dam thing but thank god I had a good book.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More raw numbers:
I've looted 3 Bracer of the Hidden. First took 2 (yes, two) sarnak legionnaire kills, the second took 468 kills and third took 96 kills.
Even getting one in 500 kills doesn't seem that bad honestly in my experience with that camp.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped it once and i dont remember the number of the trash rings I had but it was way more than my entire inventory. I will, never. ever. ever. camp that ring again under any circumstances. I dont want to say I spent more time than 71 hours but I probably at least spent 70.

When I first came to P99 a dude named ababaababacab took me there he was like "u a noob? come check this out" and we got a ring after 2 kills and he let me have it and told me I was very lucky. I was like huh?

Then the forums informed me he was like an infamous person on p99 lol I was glad I got to see a jesse james and he gave me a cool ring. Thats my story.
That's awesome, hahaha. What finally got to me was the RNG factor. Me being close to 0 for 100 made me no closer to getting one. Such is life, I know! I've been trying to grind out some xp in the meantime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not p99 but back on Saryrn server. I was down to half a dozen things needed for the mage epic 1.0. I had the earth staff, water staff, 7th island crown was in the guild bank and most of the minor drops.

Key word MOST. The power of fire from Solusek's Eye. Since I was a gnome there was no killing gnomes so blazing elementals it was. I had just finished Queen of the Damned and decided to start in on The Witching Hour. Since I was level 60 it was easy to waltz into Sol A and kill the 2 elementals; wait 18 minutes kill them again. Anyway, between spawns I'd read more of the book. Time went on, more elementals died and more pages read. In the end the book was good and the power of fire finally dropped just as I was finishing the book.

I can't say how long it took to get that dam thing but thank god I had a good book.
Jeeeeeze, lol. Thank goodness for a good book indeed lol
Old 10-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Banned

Bracer of the hidden - also in that zone - can also have a very poor drop rate.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bracer of the hidden - also in that zone - can also have a very poor drop rate.
That's what I hear! One night during my camp a guy came along and got the ring pretty quickly then said he was going to go try for bracers of the hidden...not but a short time (maybe an hour or 2? I don't remember any more) he linked me the bracer! I told him to buy a lottery ticket.
Closed Thread