Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With green on the horizon and blue being so very close to this point in the history of EQ, isn't it about time we got halfling rangers and gnome sks?

Here's some interesting info for everyone (including Rogaen):

Pet windows and custom UIs were made available in the July 24, 2002 patch.

Shortie hybrids were made available in the March 19, 2002 patch.

Once this revelation sinks in, it becomes clear that the devs have a moral obligation to give us our tiny hybrids.
I think this is a post about "Classicness" of Blue. Obviously, we don't do Luclin stuff ("no cats on the moon") and we're at November 2001 Era according to the timeline.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

It's just shitposting to stir all the new folk up.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is a post about "Classicness" of Blue. Obviously, we don't do Luclin stuff ("no cats on the moon") and we're at November 2001 Era according to the timeline.
nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just shitposting to stir all the new folk up.
uh, no....

i'm just your average gnome enthusiast! and i'm holding out hope that the devs aren't such hateful sadists that they keep us waiting much longer.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope!
Actually, I think Maximum hit that nail on the head [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look, everyone knows this place isn't live. You want live stuff, you go to live.

And just about everyone knows that Green is the place you go for only stuff released < 2002. A few people are having a hard time fully "grokking" this, but most get it.

But do Beastlords belong Blue? Do Vah Shir (remade as Kerrans)? Do Halfling Rangers?

Blue's having a sort of "identity crisis" at the moment, because for 10 years it was THE server (let's pretend Red doesn't exist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). Now it's (about to) not be THE server. But even so ... that identity crisis won't be solved today. It's something Rogean and Nilbog need to decide, and right now they have this little thing called Green occupying their attention.

I suspect once Green is out and the P99 staff is able to take their attention off Green, R&N will let us know how they want to define Blue. And once we know that, we'll know if Halfling Rangers belong on it or not. But we won't know until R&N decide, because it's their box, and like I said they have some other stuff going on right now so I really wouldn't expect a clear Blue definition anytime real soon.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, I think Maximum hit that nail on the head [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Look, everyone knows this place isn't live. You want live stuff, you go to live.

And just about everyone knows that Green is the place you go for only stuff released < 2002. A few people are having a hard time fully "grokking" this, but most get it.

But do Beastlords belong Blue? Do Vah Shir (remade as Kerrans)? Do Halfling Rangers?

Blue's having a sort of "identity crisis" at the moment, because for 10 years it was THE server (let's pretend Red doesn't exist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). Now it's (about to) not be THE server. But even so ... that identity crisis won't be solved today. It's something Rogean and Nilbog need to decide, and right now they have this little thing called Green occupying their attention.

I suspect once Green is out and the P99 staff is able to take their attention off Green, R&N will let us know how they want to define Blue. And once we know that, we'll know if Halfling Rangers belong on it or not. But we won't know until R&N decide, because it's their box, and like I said they have some other stuff going on right now so I really wouldn't expect a clear Blue definition anytime real soon.
This is what happens when you cater to the whining of a few people that want the project to derail its original vision. Expect more of them to come out of the wood-works and ask/demand non-classic era content now that they see that the devs will back off.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Once green is out they'll be busy with red 2.0 tho...
Old 10-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

I'm only okay with gnome shadowknights for some reason. They seem like they make sense. Lol
Old 10-01-2019, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm only okay with gnome shadowknights for some reason. They seem like they make sense. Lol
For sure.. If a race can choose warrior and necro, there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed the hybrid choice!!!
Old 10-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's bc they've been worshipping Bertoxxulous for so long as both warriors and necros, and Brell makes literally zero sense as a paladin god. Not sure what you got againist halfling rangers and paladins tho.

I'd be okay without the gnome paladins, and with dwarves retroactively losing the ability to be paladins. Dwarves are too stupid to be holy knights, and these characters should be deleted by the devs.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Halfing paladin
Closed Thread