Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to buck the path of least resistance and shelf the warrior. Play a necro or a druid or a mage or a chanter. Get to 50, make money then make a melee.
I agree with this. You took an IRL break during the one time when it was completely okay / normal to be a melee char in cloth gear with combine / FS weapons. So of course 6+ months later, all the people who didn't take a break, have all farmed themselves a bunch of $$$ and gear for their melee alts.

If you don't want to play in groups as a Warrior in banded, then you should roll a solo powerhouse class first, like Necro, Druid, Enchanter, or Mage. Do the same thing as others have done.

Get a 40+ farming class, learn the dungeons, mobs, where to loot/farm etc. then make yourself some $$. Use that to buy some nice stuff for your Warrior, then when you log on your Warrior YOU'LL be the one with some pretty twinked out stuff shredding stuff up.

However, if you can't enjoy playing a PC game because you're too worried about things IRL that you should be focusing on instead... then that's probably what you should do. Focus on your IRL stuff first and get yourself to the point where you can sit down for a couple hours a night and enjoy the games your playing.
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 07-06-2020 at 08:23 AM..
Old 07-06-2020, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When green started I got my ogre warrior to level 10 and managed to grind lizardmen for enough pp to buy a full set of banded armor and grabbed some some fine steel 1h weapons from a player killing ogre guards. I took a long break to focus on irl stuff. Recently I got the itch to come back and coming back my wife and I grinded on dervs, deathfists and crocs when we could find a group and 2 manned spiders and scarabs in Ro. The typical things you do. This time was different though. I felt like I've done all this. Walking through the tunnel I was watching the auction channel and it made me depressed. I will never afford this stuff. It just beat down my sense of self worth. Got in a group with some players who were not twinked to the point of being invincible but were dealing twice my damage and took hits like a truck. This made me feel even more depressed. While I am excited to get to level 13 for duel wield grinding felt like a chore. Nothing was interesting. I hope I'm not burned out on this game. I'm not sure what to do. I want to play but everything makes me sigh and not want to. I just watch the time fly by thinking about how I have to work tomorrow, or how there are things in irl I should be doing. The game feels like a daunting hopeless endeavor. Idk, I think there isnt really an answer for this I just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
What is cool here is that your wife is playing with you. My husband played during classic but won't touch P1999.

What are your characters names? I can hook you guys up with some jewelry.

or send Faerie a tell in game on green
Old 07-08-2020, 01:03 AM
Kobold

It sounds like you're doing fine. Everquest is not supposed to be a fun game. It's supposed to make you realize you will only get to live once, stop wasting the hell out of it.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When green started I got my ogre warrior to level 10 and managed to grind lizardmen for enough pp to buy a full set of banded armor and grabbed some some fine steel 1h weapons from a player killing ogre guards. I took a long break to focus on irl stuff. Recently I got the itch to come back and coming back my wife and I grinded on dervs, deathfists and crocs when we could find a group and 2 manned spiders and scarabs in Ro. The typical things you do. This time was different though. I felt like I've done all this. Walking through the tunnel I was watching the auction channel and it made me depressed. I will never afford this stuff. It just beat down my sense of self worth. Got in a group with some players who were not twinked to the point of being invincible but were dealing twice my damage and took hits like a truck. This made me feel even more depressed. While I am excited to get to level 13 for duel wield grinding felt like a chore. Nothing was interesting. I hope I'm not burned out on this game. I'm not sure what to do. I want to play but everything makes me sigh and not want to. I just watch the time fly by thinking about how I have to work tomorrow, or how there are things in irl I should be doing. The game feels like a daunting hopeless endeavor. Idk, I think there isnt really an answer for this I just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
Grinding outdoor zones is boring. Go to dungeons. Not entrance hugging. Go all the way in.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Could play like alot of folks do and not log into game often, but ForumQuest !

its good xp.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

Might I suggest Aradune TLP? You'll level faster and loot will be plenty!
Old 07-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Banned

sometimes you need a forced break when things get stale
just like real life
Old 07-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sometimes you need a forced break when things get stale
just like real life
used to go clubbing
but then aids killed everyone
so i stopped going
Old 07-08-2020, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

I've been plodding along as a warrior now, just about level 20, and I've been decked out by friendly players with all sorts of gear. It's not hard to get twinked if you're a legit lowbie trying to level. I haven't even been trying. Some high level warrior in indoclite came up to me in Oasis and just handed me a charred guardian bp and invis pot at the orc highway. Players on this server are great.

All that being said, am I crazy for actually *enjoying* the newbie poverty from level 1-10? I must be I guess.
Last edited by Dolalin; 07-08-2020 at 04:18 PM..
Old 07-08-2020, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Highly recommend not buying gear and instead crafting / questing / finding it yourself. I soloed my warrior to 43 and camped all my own gear, with a duo or grouping I'd for sure have mostly best in slot pre-raid gear by now.

Warriors can be fun, just understand that until you get a pair of obsidian shards or something you're not really tanking, you're a mediocre dps class.

My guide goes through a lot of places I either went to level or went to camp items: http://wiki.project1999.com/EchoLoca..._Warrior_Guide

With a duo you can do better places, but, honestly I'd stand by these places (besides CT Well room that sucked) and with a duo you can just do them more easily. Outlines ways to make money (I've made easily several thousand plat on the way to 43 just looting and selling shit like finesteel, silk swatches, gems, etc), find gear, and good warrior spots all the way to 43, but realistically you could follow it to 50 since the answer is "guards".
Last edited by Kich867; 07-08-2020 at 04:27 PM..
Closed Thread