Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-14-2020, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Default Login server issues

I used to have a few issues getting logged in, until yesterday, now I spend hours trying to log in. The login servers are jacked up. I'm using a netgear router, my buddy is also using a similar router, he was always having bad login issues as well. Until he started using the hotspot on his phone and his login issues nearly completely stopped. Are the router firewalls plus the added code to stop DDoS attacks preventing clean log in an causing crashes when zoning? They might want to revisit that code, cause its really fucking up log ins an crashes on zoning. Now I crash every time I zone an then cannot log back in for 30-40min. It's unplayable. Do I have to get a phone hot spot to play green to avoid this BS?
Old 03-15-2020, 12:09 AM
Sarnak

So now Im playing off my phone using hotspot tethering, instead of using my 1+ gig wired connection through my $300 netgear router and all is now perfect. How the hell did they set up these servers? They need to fix this, seriously jacked up.
Last edited by NPC; 03-15-2020 at 12:35 AM..
Old 03-15-2020, 04:17 PM
Skeleton

Last night, I would get kicked every time I zoned. Then trying to login would be a crap shoot. Sometimes, no servers list. Sometimes no response from login. When I would get in and see the servers I would get all the way into the game. If I did anything in a zone things were fine, no lag. Try to zone, loading please wait would be staring me in the face for over a minute before I would get disconnected.

This morning got in just fine. No problem zoning.

Trying again just now, same as it was last night.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

I had this happen 24 hours into the Rubicite BP camp. Petitioned after I finally got back in 2 hours later and was told that the staff can't help me with any list issues. Felt kindof bad.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I just installed the game for the first time. Followed all the instructions. I login and no servers are listed. Is there a special step for connecting to the servers or making them appear visible?
Old 03-15-2020, 05:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Ok, I'm glad this isn't just me and is an ongoing issue. I have flushed my DNS like 3 times and not had any luck.