Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

/mourn
Old 08-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
R.I.P. Luclin models. New patch forces global load file to match the patch one.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm very sad about this. I know I will get flamed but I really don't think I can play without Luclin models [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by add2add [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm very sad about this. I know I will get flamed but I really don't think I can play without Luclin models [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It won't stop me from playing the game but jeez these classic models are terrible. Dunno what's the problem its not like it alters the gameplay in any way... its just plain silly to not allow this.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Aviak

I disapprove the change -.-

I know, the amount of fucks given equals zero...

Anyway, I pretty much prefer to have Luclin models! (Except the silly elf models...)

/mourn
Old 08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Aviak

this sucks
Old 08-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Before anyone else asks me, no I cannot circumvent this. And even if I could I wouldn't. I haven't looked at the files as I no longer play here but I am 80% certain the change was specifically to disable this. This patch has been living on borrowed time since I made it, it was going to happen at some point. This is the same method they have had in place to prevent tampering with the spell file for a few years now. There is ways I could potentially work around this without global load, but it's longer and more complicated (many struggled with global load as it is) and it may not even work right. Besides, I have no interests in going against the dev's wishes.

I am not upset, incidentally. I could care less. I play EQ rarely now and P99 not really at all. I just popped in to help when I could with whatever and maintain this. I am pretty busy in real life and this is just one less thing I ever have to bother with again lol.

Maybe one day the devs will make a custom divergent server that goes beyond Luclin like they have talked about, and maybe they will enable the models themselves then. But until then, enjoy winter and have fun in Norrath! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Hey Danyelle,

thanks for your post. I myself already programmed myself to like the old models. So, I'm good LOL. I only miss the Luclin Iksar model but I guess I will adapt to the new situation...
Old 08-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Orc

Well i just wanted to say Thanks to Danyelle for making P99 special to me and everyone else who prefers the luclin models.

It'd be nice if the devs would just F off about it since it doesn't do anything at all to game play, only ascetics, but whatever, I'll continue to play here until the old models bug me enough to go back to live and say screw p99

Loved you p99 but its coming about time to cut the cord and go our own ways.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Don't overreact over this change, bud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Orc

I know, I just bugs me to be forced to play a game at deliberately lowered potential and visuals.

Ill most likely still play around here once in a while, bit I boubt I can get my gf to keep playing it, onlu reason she tried it was cause of the character customization only available to the luclin models.

Will donate for Luclin models!