Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Banned

Fair compromise
Old 09-23-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Can you force viewing of this when logging in to green for the first time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJdrc8ZsEI
Old 09-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

Will green have classically tuned dragon resists now we dont all have 455 like on blue?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not going to be forcing the black screen on green, so everyone put down the pitchforks.
This makes me sad. Night blindness was such a core part of the original game that the wiki is FULL of remarks about "____ mattered on live, but it doesn't matter here because the Titanium client makes everything bright".

I was really looking forward to deleting all those remarks ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes me sad. Night blindness was such a core part of the original game that the wiki is FULL of remarks about "____ mattered on live, but it doesn't matter here because the Titanium client makes everything bright".

I was really looking forward to deleting all those remarks ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's talking about the black meditation screen. And also commented separately recently to tease that nightblindness may in fact be included somehow.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's talking about the black meditation screen. And also commented separately recently to tease that nightblindness may in fact be included somehow.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just kidding: I'll keep hope alive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love for some stuff to be fixed that was messed up in 99, like human xp bonus, Megalodon. Najena keys. Maybe for Green 2
The intent is to recreate classic everquest.
The intent is not to recreate the intent of classic everquest.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

an exercise in sadism
Old 09-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The intent is to recreate classic everquest.
The intent is not to recreate the intent of classic everquest.
Source? https://www.project1999.com/index.php?pageid=about
Quote:
The mission of the project is to create the classic feeling that many had during the early days of Everquest during those time periods, starting with Classic content and releasing the other expansions and content on a similar timeline that was experienced on Live. The server will stop at Velious, at which point many options will be considered, including possible custom content that will maintain the spirit of the game, and/or an additional new server starting over at Pre-Kunark.
The whole "historical accuracy" argument is really funny to me. It's exactly like a group of people reading a religious text, and the vast majority of people saying "oh that's nice" and interpreting the text to mean they should all strive to help each other and to leave the world a better place. Then you have a minority that read the text, and they turn into hateful, murderous zealots that blow up schools.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Banned

AmeN

caN mE GeT a PraS CT 🙏🏽👏🏽🙌🏽
Closed Thread