Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lewis' immersion and saltiness both second to none. Gotta love him. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If by immersed you mean i have an accurate memory of history and your failings, you're right.

Not sure on what merit you would rank my 'saltiness' but i do call it like i see it. There is validity and a good deal of accuracy to any claim i've made. Unlike you i don't go where I'm unwanted begging friendship and attention.

What is it that you claim i'm salty over? If it's disliking the choices you made as developer and Renly made as project manager you're right. All for good reason. I'm not salty though, pal, i happily quit and i learned not to play a shitty Renly/Jeremy server.

Only reason i posted here is that you're here bragging and claiming that your turd is polished. Good luck re-launching your project 2.0 and trying to get a player base from these forums.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

What choices as a developer did you dislike? Not being able to fix some stuff that affected you quickly enough? You praised our work for quite a long time, but eventually quit due to grief (on a server where the staff doesn't directly intervene in matters of grief).

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

RoZ 1.0 has always been experimental EQ. We've made a lot of wild and progressive changes, and we've made a few mistakes, but we've learned from it all, and I think we are better equipped than anyone to provide a quality EQPVP experience. I'm sorry you didn't end up enjoying the server after Velious; you are not alone. We've taken what we've learned from 1.0 and are funneling it into 2.0 as a legitimate attempt to really do things right without any of the nonsense. I hope you'll give it a shot. I always appreciated and valued your input.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

He griefed himself off the box by losing his cool and training and attacking guild mates and threatening to take it out on innocent players cause he died to rikki a few times at bind. Pretty much no one liked him after he showed his true colors and he had no one left to play with and quit ( Catalyst also lost the box around this time despite according to him He was totally not worried about losing the box).
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
It provided much better guild vs guild pvp then Red99 ever had. For a while there were 20-30 real people in both top guilds fighting for hours over targets every week for several months. Red99 produced a handful of large scale guild vs guild fights over 7 years.
roz had 20 vs 20 guild fights ? very impressive thats so cool wow
Old 10-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for the record red died when all the old emu pvpers got dunked on by that swede WoW autist kungen at launch and scattered like roaches from a flash light, which was well before lites time and is in no way rogeans fault
When the server opened they tried to be a small dominate force but got owned. When they made a come back it became EMPIRE and the rest is history.

PVP servers really need 3 decent sized guilds but it usually never happens because people are bitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 10-02-2019, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

I will play RoZ but I ain’t about the custom shit, would rather play a classic non custom reputable server such as red99 because I know people will always play and it won’t go anywhere
Old 10-02-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Look it's well documented that Jermey is an odd ball with crippling insecurities that he tries very hard to over correct. But jesus guys show him the respect he deserves for helping out Renly and giving you a place to play for awhile - for free.

It's also not a good look to the people currently considering bring us a new p99 coded PvP server when there's people openly attacking other games GMs/Devs.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

Dude quit cause Shark killed his Gloridain mid ring 8 event. He thought it was me who did it. I wish it was
Old 10-03-2019, 08:08 AM
Planar Protector

XD P99 psychoanalysis (or psycho analysis?)

I don't care about being respected - happy to wallow in the muck - but I just can't help but let my autism flare up when people don't represent the facts correctly.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppinnRazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude quit cause Shark killed his Gloridain mid ring 8 event. He thought it was me who did it. I wish it was
Huh? I had quit a month prior to that, came back to check out Velious. Played an afternoon, did Ring8. Killed Shark a dozen times and he deleveled out of range to grief encounter.

I asked Jeremy if he had any plans to encourage PVP around that encounter since griefing it was so simple. IE: open PVP range. IE: making the mob a PVP encounter/event more than griefable.

Jeremy and Renly decided that griefing was 'classic' and wanted to keep it in. I said, clearly, no problem you can make your management decisions that shape the server.

At this point the pop was showing like 50 at night less than a month after Velious drop. I play EQ to PVP, i dont play it to grief. EQ grief wars bore me.
Closed Thread