The zone was made FFA on 3/29.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Banned

DiS lewIs guy seem real cool and normal

😬👍🏽
Old 10-03-2019, 04:09 PM
Banned

Not taking any sides in this fight or anything but love me some Lewis

Hope RoZ does classic item lewt before brown 99, Jeremy literally a top gentlesir and I'll keep the faith
Old 10-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Sarnak

Nothing against the dude, don't really know em

Just love me some grief
Old 10-03-2019, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
roz had 20 vs 20 guild fights ? very impressive thats so cool wow
You have dedicated a chunk of your life to this game and that is better quality pvp than you have ever experienced. What do you expect on a shit emulator for a 20 year old game?
Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Huh? I had quit a month prior to that, came back to check out Velious. Played an afternoon, did Ring8. Killed Shark a dozen times and he deleveled out of range to grief encounter.

I asked Jeremy if he had any plans to encourage PVP around that encounter since griefing it was so simple. IE: open PVP range. IE: making the mob a PVP encounter/event more than griefable.

Jeremy and Renly decided that griefing was 'classic' and wanted to keep it in. I said, clearly, no problem you can make your management decisions that shape the server.

At this point the pop was showing like 50 at night less than a month after Velious drop. I play EQ to PVP, i dont play it to grief. EQ grief wars bore me.
To back up lewis on this he had quit during Kunark. I played later in Velious again after a break for another couple weeks and he was never on, he must have already come back and quit by then.

Also, being nice to the GMs was required on RoZ. If you were nice to them they would make changes you wanted. Opposing factions were constantly getting things tailored to what their guild wanted by being nice to the GMs. Spell changes, free epics from turkeys, anti training, CoH nerfs, sky drop rate changes, etc.

That ended up being the real downfall of Catalyst, getting so pissed at the GMs over turkey day that they just did whatever the opposing guild wanted going forward. The GMs got booted from the Catalyst discord, communication stopped, and they just did whatever the other guild proposed.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To back up lewis on this he had quit during Kunark. I played later in Velious again after a break for another couple weeks and he was never on, he must have already come back and quit by then.

Also, being nice to the GMs was required on RoZ. If you were nice to them they would make changes you wanted. Opposing factions were constantly getting things tailored to what their guild wanted by being nice to the GMs. Spell changes, free epics from turkeys, anti training, CoH nerfs, sky drop rate changes, etc.

That ended up being the real downfall of Catalyst, getting so pissed at the GMs over turkey day that they just did whatever the opposing guild wanted going forward. The GMs got booted from the Catalyst discord, communication stopped, and they just did whatever the other guild proposed.
Anti train and coh nerf were from cata crying. Turkey day wasn't created for us, it was an unbiased fuckup by the staff. You lost some to turkey day but the real nail in the coffin was losing VP.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppinnRazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anti train and coh nerf were from cata crying. Turkey day wasn't created for us, it was an unbiased fuckup by the staff. You lost some to turkey day but the real nail in the coffin was losing VP.
VP wasn't really a big deal. Anti train was after the server was already over. CoH was definitely something Catalyst asked for. Turkey day, spell changes, world shakes for PP timers, sky items handed to titanuk for quests were all things they "cried" for. It isn't complicated or a secret. GMs are in the guilds discords. You are nice to them, ask them for stuff and they give it to you. I guess when the other team gets something it turns into crying.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:54 AM
Kobold

sorry you lost
Old 10-04-2019, 09:53 AM
Planar Protector

One side always thinks we only listen to the other side. We actually make changes because we think they are correct. We've received lots of quality input from people on all sides. We're a little more responsive than p99 but we actually move pretty slowly with significant changes generally. Bear in mind we have an extremely accelerated timeline.

I just began working on RoZ source again this morning. We got some good stuff coming and are working towards optimizing performance for 2.0. You know Big Jeremy won't let you down.