Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Increased spawn rates will be fine at prime time for like 1 day but after that farming at 3 am is going to be economy breaking
Old 10-16-2019, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Eh. Staff have made some references to special rules on the spawns and respawns of some mobs that could be exploited for extra-nice early gainz. Even if a few things slip through the cracks, it won't be the end of the world when all early plat is needed for is spells and maybe a combine weapon or some tradeskilling.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:01 AM
Former Guide

I'm fairly convinced that on live, perhaps even currently, there are still 'insta spawn' mechanics in place in some noob areas.

The most evident was when paineel was added, there were 3 skeletons that spawn right next to each other. There was a script in place that if all 3 spawns were dead, they instantly respawned. So people would kill those mobs and constantly farm bone chips. It wasn't put in for a 'cash cow' feature (although that is what it became), but more to ensure there were always mobs up for their customers starting out in noob zones.

I've come across posted evidence of this in Everfrost Peaks, GFay, Qeynos newbie yard and a few other places.

It would make sense original EQ devs would have insta-spawn mechanics in place to ensure fresh starting people don't get bored without finding anything to kill and to handle a large infuse of population.

I wouldn't put it past other zones outside noob yards having some form of insta-respawn, there is evidence of it in Quillmane cycles and other places.

So my point, is the instant respawn knowledge / spawn points may not be known, but there is evidence that it is there. So temp increased spawn rate in noob zones to handle population surge isn't necessarily unclassic.

Would be great if someone could investigate live (if these zones still exist, no clue) and pinpoint the respawn mechanics. Then we can have a more classic Green 202X launch.
Last edited by Sunderfury; 10-16-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-16-2019, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

IMO best would be to just disable the increased spawn rates on launch.

There are PLENTY of mobs around the old world, 99% of which are never used for exp. Even if we run out of mobs for a little, that's not a big deal, it's perfectly classic too. Besides, people should spread out relatively quickly as there will be casuals and the hardcore, and the in-betweens, who will level at different speeds starting at level 1.

This artificial "fix" may be a cure worse than the disease, because who knows what exploits it may create.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO best would be to just disable the increased spawn rates on launch.

There are PLENTY of mobs around the old world, 99% of which are never used for exp. Even if we run out of mobs for a little, that's not a big deal, it's perfectly classic too. Besides, people should spread out relatively quickly as there will be casuals and the hardcore, and the in-betweens, who will level at different speeds starting at level 1.

This artificial "fix" may be a cure worse than the disease, because who knows what exploits it may create.
I get both sides, but i think you may be underestimating how bad it could be. It may only be bad for the first weekend, but during that first weekend, there will nothing to kill. This isn't WoW where their newbie zones can handle 10-15 players. This is EQ classic, where the newbie zones, and the ones after, can only handle 5 or 6 people.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I quested the Jaggedpine staff in qeynos hills about 10 times on my ranger (giving out a completed staff to a low level druid/ranger before next turnin). By the time I hit level 12, I had earned enough plat to buy a full set of vendor leather at 1-2 plat per piece, a 12 plat 6/29 vendor 'longsword', and 20ish plat to spare.

It's a decent start, since I see level 15s still wearing all cloth with no visible armor slots, but hardly gamebreaking.
That is totally game breaking, classic isnt meant to provide you with wow level stuff at this level, you're supposed to be struggling! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You just described an incredibly broken scenario to me lol

At this rate you will be able to get to 20+ in qhills in like 1 days. Just sitting there milling through a spawn as a pet class. Idk this seems like its just not in the spirit of this game to me. Why should we rush through the greenest parts of green?

Edit: Just doesnt really click for me. I mean even with out help this server figured out how to get everyone in full sets of banded before it even launched and it worked. I dont think anyone here needs any help lol
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-16-2019 at 10:35 AM..
Old 10-16-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i lean towards this, but i applaud the attempt and even if it creates unforeseen problems it'll provide invaluable info about a problem that absolutely needs to be handled somehow for future green iterations.

also I love Sunderfury's post and take on it.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is totally game breaking, classic isnt meant to provide you with wow level stuff at this level, you're supposed to be struggling! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 10:43 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Increased spawn rates will be fine at prime time for like 1 day but after that farming at 3 am is going to be economy breaking
This.

Hopefully day 1 will have enough global players that it stays busy even off peak?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Qeynos Hills is not a good choice for increased spawns. There is to much there that is exploitable. Yes the it's the Surefall newbie yard but druids and rangers can and should go to NQ until 4 anyway.

Here's a list of exploitable things in the Qeynos Hills:
1. Rabid wolfs - quest Exp and PP
2. Rabid bears - quest Exp and PP
3. Putrid Skeletons - quest Exp and PP
4. Pyzjin - High value classic drop level 13 mob. Placeholder could be a level 25. but that's not a huge blocker
5. Hadden - High value classic drop level 28 mob. original spawn time is 6 hours this is brought down to around 1 hour with increased spawns.
6. Jagged Pine Crook. Increased spawns turn this into a decent exploitable cash farm.
7. Across all newbie yards with skeletons this is going to tank the bone chip market. And lets not forget that a couple bags of bone chips will get any new player to level 12 with the Kaladim quest.

A small group of dedicated players could drive the economy of the server into the ground for first month just hanging out in the Hills.

And lets not forget the 6 minute bard diet becomes the minute bard diet from levels 20 to 34. Possibly 12 to 34 as there are various reports of West Karana spawns being increased. Butcherblock dwarfs now are 1 minute spawns that are quad kiteable.

There are some zones that need increased spawns. Gfay, Toxx. But the fact is that most newbie zones are also high level xp spots for things like bard and guard killing. one could do bards to 34 in an insanely short time and then move to any of the guard spots. We'll have multiple 50's on the server within the first week.

I think the Devs have to assume that people are going to exploit this increased spawns. I think only way prevent the worst of the exploiting is to:
1. reduce it from 5x to 1.5 or 2x.
2. Removal of the bards, were their quests even classic launch?
3. Guard buff. All guards get summoning until increased spawns end.
4. auto kill some of the exploitable quest NPCs as they spawn until spawn rate normalizes. This sucks but might be needed. Yes some people will bank the drops but most of the items are not stack-able or lore.
5. Dynamic spawn rate increase. If a newbie zone gets to many people increase spawn rate to 2x/3x/4x/5x. depending on number of players. Say 30/60/90/120. as people level and move out of zones the spawns will normalize and make people not want to stay and exploit.

Just some thoughts
Last edited by zodias; 10-16-2019 at 10:52 AM..
Closed Thread