Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Looks like a great stopgap for more correct functionality, and nicer looking to boot. I have straight up no clue how you'd possibly get it changed from the current call to use a list to columns with only icons personally, but godspeed.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:47 AM
Skeleton

That looks awesome.

It can't be stated enough how much everyone's work is appreciated. Y'all do an amazing job.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:59 AM
Orc

Question xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my bad, i meant to call you a meanie head snot face

Oh you want to play get ready, I will get back to you after I get done with "Propecia" AKA. Rogaine'
Old 10-16-2019, 08:02 AM
Orc

Thumbs down Stop???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please stop

Why should I? I have never ber any good at knuckling under or bowing my head or knowing my role.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidobull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why should I?
cuz you're acting like a douche bag
Old 10-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then, after looking at this I might marbleize it if I have time this weekend and it if rogean is still accepting fresh builds from us (we are trying to not so they can make sure everything is secure for launch!)

Edit wait it wont look like that because of reasons, but.. see its always something lol Anyway, we'll figure out how to get you something that makes this game more difficult and looks like that, that's the bottom line haha
Awesome sauce!

And also thanks for the explanation. At first it sounded like "we're going to have an unclassic feature because not having it wouldn't look pretty" ... and that just didn't sound "P99" to me.

But if it's not about "looking pretty", and it's more like "this stupid EQ UI is like Jenga: one wrong move and ..."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

... then of course a stable/working UI is better than an unstable one with one more classic feature.

So if that's the case, please don't let an idiot like me distract you and Wenai (and everyone else who didn't directly respond to me) from your incredible project!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-16-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Old 10-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah SIDL (the language titanium ui uses) can actually crash the game in some cases, so like you never know, may check out at first then a week later someone adjusts the quantity of rat ears they want to sell and *Poof* They're looking at their desktop haha

Don't want to slip that into green launch week on accident [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But maybe this one we can get through the testing machine, it seems harmless to me, we will try!
Old 10-16-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah SIDL (the language titanium ui uses) can actually crash the game in some cases, so like you never know, may check out at first then a week later someone adjusts the quantity of rat ears they want to sell and *Poof* They're looking at their desktop haha

Don't want to slip that into green launch week on accident [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But maybe this one we can get through the testing machine, it seems harmless to me, we will try!
Ugh. I imagine there is already tooling for this (eg. https://www.eqinterface.com/index.php?section=sidlwidl), but if you could use an XML Schema (ie. a way to verify that the UI code doesn't break any of its own rules) let me know. I used to make such things years ago, and I could always grab the book that's currently propping up my monitor to remind myself how [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unfortunately though I imagine it's probably something where you are following the rules, and Verant's code just explodes anyway ... but again if there's anything I can do to help on that level let me know.

P.S. I also used to do XSLT. I doubt this would be useful, but if you ever need to produce like multiple versions of the UI files for some reason, I can probably write a "transformer" that would take a base version and turn it into the "green version" or the "blue version" or whatever.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

just wanted to say really appreciate the hard work that everyone contributed to this. Looking forward to it getting even better.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just wanted to say really appreciate the hard work that everyone contributed to this. Looking forward to it getting even better.
Thanks guys!

Im happy that we get to enjoy this stuff together. I was really like getting into the nostalgia and was hoping that it would kick in for some of you all too and I was watching a live stream and someone said to themselves as they hit enter world yesss I love this character select and I just died. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread