Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 07:04 PM
Aviak

Default patch 50f

is this patch compatible with blue? had to turn off my dynamic lighting yesterday to be able to raid. was entirely too laggy with it as true vs false in the setting.
also had someone say to make a different file for green. if this is necessary how can this be accomplished. thanks in advance
Old 10-15-2019, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxcthius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this patch compatible with blue? had to turn off my dynamic lighting yesterday to be able to raid. was entirely too laggy with it as true vs false in the setting.
also had someone say to make a different file for green. if this is necessary how can this be accomplished. thanks in advance
Partially. You can use the same files on both provided you switch out the spells file and possibly the .dll every time (use 50d versions for blue, 50f versions for green).

Danth
Old 10-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Copy blue install folder -> rename to something else -> install green files on new folder. When you want to play green launch from that folder, launch blue from the blue folder
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thumbs down

I understand that for now you have to keep swapping the downloads (50d & 50f) depending on blue or green server. But...the night darkness is still there on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] How do you turn the darkness off on blue? And will this be somehow compatible for both one day? Darkness on for green...off for blue?

Old 10-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0ri0s0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand that for now you have to keep swapping the downloads (50d & 50f) depending on blue or green server. But...the night darkness is still there on blue. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] How do you turn the darkness off on blue? And will this be somehow compatible for both one day? Darkness on for green...off for blue?
You'd have to go back to your Titanium disks and re-copy the original files that the darkness patch replaced out of the RenderEffects folder.

Danth
Old 10-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Aviak

so best thing to do in this scenario without going to dynamiclighting/false vs true each time I want to test green is to copy entire titanium install and have one named for blue and one for green. and install 50f into green folder. sorry would have had this conversation earlier but family health issues arose. thanks for the amount of responses.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:54 AM
Aviak

my next question is how do I differentiate the .exe to start game in green so it doesn't start blue.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Aviak

yeah since making new desktop icon for launching after patching 50f into new folder I get can't find eqgame etc.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Make a copy of the blue launch icon and edit the path (right click -> properties) to match the green install location (C:\Program Files\Sony\Green99\eqgame.exe) leave the patchme at the end if it's there
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Aviak

Ok I did this but when I click the icon for launch (and I put in new file as destination) it says cannot find eqgame.exe
Closed Thread