Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Default Concerning cameras

Is mouse-wheel zoom back going to remain on green at launch (and/or forever)? I thought it was going bye bye.

And on that note, I started playing with the camera options you can cycle through with F9 and rebound them all to specific keys and was toying with the different ways you can manipulate those views. You can basically get an improved (though finicky to master) version of the "mouse-wheel zoom back view" with the other options available in the client as is right now anyway, and I'm learning some of the others views can be great for a lot more than just taking screenshots or watching a wide angle for kos pathers while you're medding (especially with tweaking the angles/zoom)!

Are things like adjusting the up-down angle of the other F9 camera views, zooming them in and out, shifting them left and right, rebinding the views to specific keys, etc., are those all classic controls too? Or should those also be axed?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-16-2019 at 09:24 AM..
Old 10-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Kobold

Play in first person for the classic feel, it's easier for you to just not scroll out than for them to deeply modify the client camera system.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacidpenguin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play in first person for the classic feel, it's easier for you to just not scroll out than for them to deeply modify the client camera system.
P99 isn't about "easy": if either the devs OR the players stuck to "easy", this place would be deserted and everyone would be on live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think the more relevant question is whether it's doable, and personally I haven't seen a staff response one way or the other on removing it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Not game breaking so, whatever.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Everything but the mouse wheel scroll was classic in my memory.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Orc

Should note even if it's not classic, you can't hold down mouse1 and look around yourself, which really what makes 3rd person view strong. Like auto running and looking around yourself, peaking around corners etc. It's much weaker in its current version.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

I would like to see mouse wheel to 3rd person to be disabled on green. It provides a very easy wider view of your character and access to visual information behind your character.

While the same is achievable through F9 views they are a bit more cumbersome to use especially in tight spaces like dungeons. Which directly correlates with how difficult it is to pacify split or pretarget before breaking rooms.

However it sounded like the devs had a method to remove it but weren’t inclined to last I heard.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacidpenguin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used first person in classic as a chanter, but it was far from my only view. Which is basically how I have always played on p99 as a chanter. It didn't take a rocket scientist to realize CC was easier when you could see more of the battlefield and could more easily select the right targets in the background and whatnot.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

I’m split on third person wheel zoom. On one hand I find it to be helpful in mitigating how janky the 16:9 implementation in EQ is. On the other hand, shit ain’t classic.

Keep it and I’ll use it.

Get rid of it and I’ll adapt.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-16-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I never use it!
Closed Thread