Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Veksar was a fun zone.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't read any of this autism, but enough about me. Let's talk about you. What do you think about me?
Old 10-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundumbwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused about the whole luclin models arguments.

Were None of you nerds aware that you could turn off almost all of luclin models and revert them to classic EQ, even mage pets? It was right there in the configuration settings on the launcher.

The only models it didn't work on were, for obvious reasons, the cat people (and a few mobs like giants and skeletons). Certainly you all didn't solely play cat people considering how much you claim to loathe them, which was the only way to look at your dumb looking luclin character.

I myself enjoyed luclin and PoP with 90% of my game models looking like they do on p99,
why didn't you?
This
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

wow ok got home from work and looked at the reply's to my post ill try answering some things. umm i get my info from several things one i tested the game before release cause one of the designers of the original everquest is a RL friend of mine.(not saying who as they would probably prefer that i don't), i was a guide from original game onward until luclin, and lastly i had access to https://eqdev.wordpress.com/ up until the serpent spine.

onward as for hidden areas that were never added but the appearance of what would look like an entrance is there. the one by the dark elf camp was suppose to be the rogues den which was never added instead of removing the steps and the (was suppose to be hollow wall, like the one near freeport going to sewers) they made the wall a real one so no access to it. if you were to get to the end of the steps it just be a wall and no zone entrance as it was never added.

as for the archway in neriak that actually leads to neriak 4th gate (which is a part of the game now but not as it was intended to be, as the intended was mean to be a system of ruins with lots of monsters) which would have lead to miragul's highway.

in rathe mountains there is a set of ruins with green flames this was meant to be the entrance to a dungeon as well that housed the unkempt druids.

in everfrost the tunnels behind the frozen river was meant to lead to the actual miragul's menagerie (it was never meant to be a ldon), inside was the Boss Miragul the Mad which was the intended path to obtaining the fiery avenger and not exactly the quest you do now no book of scale was meant to be involved just a kill boss turn in head + goulbane + soulfire.

there are probably a lot more but i cant think of them off hand it late n im tired if you guys post up if i know what they were ill drop the info.

lastly before i go i made a boo boo in my original post kunark is actually the continent of Kunzar and not kylong lmao.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellgoddess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow ok got home from work and looked at the reply's to my post ill try answering some things. umm i get my info from several things one i tested the game before release cause one of the designers of the original everquest is a RL friend of mine.(not saying who as they would probably prefer that i don't), i was a guide from original game onward until luclin, and lastly i had access to https://eqdev.wordpress.com/ up until the serpent spine.

onward as for hidden areas that were never added but the appearance of what would look like an entrance is there. the one by the dark elf camp was suppose to be the rogues den which was never added instead of removing the steps and the (was suppose to be hollow wall, like the one near freeport going to sewers) they made the wall a real one so no access to it. if you were to get to the end of the steps it just be a wall and no zone entrance as it was never added.

as for the archway in neriak that actually leads to neriak 4th gate (which is a part of the game now but not as it was intended to be, as the intended was mean to be a system of ruins with lots of monsters) which would have lead to miragul's highway.

in rathe mountains there is a set of ruins with green flames this was meant to be the entrance to a dungeon as well that housed the unkempt druids.

in everfrost the tunnels behind the frozen river was meant to lead to the actual miragul's menagerie (it was never meant to be a ldon), inside was the Boss Miragul the Mad which was the intended path to obtaining the fiery avenger and not exactly the quest you do now no book of scale was meant to be involved just a kill boss turn in head + goulbane + soulfire.

there are probably a lot more but i cant think of them off hand it late n im tired if you guys post up if i know what they were ill drop the info.

lastly before i go i made a boo boo in my original post kunark is actually the continent of Kunzar and not kylong lmao.
If this can be confirmed we need to get this person on the payroll lol
Old 10-17-2019, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Awesome post OP
Old 10-17-2019, 11:50 PM
Banned

zellgoddess is fucking based, tell us more scoop please it's all been gold so far specially the miragul stuff which makes alot more sense than what was eventually put in
Old 10-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Lol op thinks velious added plane of hate fear and sky

Did anyone else read that
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol op thinks velious added plane of hate fear and sky

Did anyone else read that
that was the original plan peanut brain when they were going to go with the shadowman invasion as the final bosses of classic

try to keep up
Old 10-18-2019, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the shadowman invasion as the final bosses of classic
the wat?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread