Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If DBG ever needs to liquidate assets or goes bankrupt, I fully expect Amazon Games/Smedley to buy the rights.
why amazon games?
Old 10-13-2019, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daybreak Games lays off multiple employees in company 'realignment.'
Choice word, I think we all prefer "downsize" as they're making nothing new. Hanging onto a few old IPs isn't going to keep that ship afloat. Matter of time before they sink and do call it a day... if I was an employee still working there I'd be passing resumes around.

Their biggest mistake was cancelling EQ Next, it didn't look great as time went on (versus the original SOE trailer) but I think there'd have been a revenue stream from it if they'd done it properly.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

dead game
Old 10-13-2019, 05:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Choice word, I think we all prefer "downsize" as they're making nothing new. Hanging onto a few old IPs isn't going to keep that ship afloat. Matter of time before they sink and do call it a day... if I was an employee still working there I'd be passing resumes around.

Their biggest mistake was cancelling EQ Next, it didn't look great as time went on (versus the original SOE trailer) but I think there'd have been a revenue stream from it if they'd done it properly.
They canceled EQ Next because they had no game. Continuing on is just sunk cost fallacy.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:21 AM
Banned

what? a company that has old as fuck mmos that has no stay in the current world of phone games and the old 30-40 year olds dont have the time to grind for pixels is dying?

next youll tell me cable is dying as if it ever will in a world of streaming, illegal downloads are acceptable due to prosecutors will get hit with gigantic legal fees that greatly outweigh what they would gain are present i got bored typing thiswhole post and i gatta say i dont know how the hell they lasted this long considering EQ is still the kinda game where it would take a year or so to catch up and that year is at least 2 or so xpacs worth of time

i dunno how daybreak held on this long but I can see nilbog or rogean putting together their life savings for the past few years building up their reputation as game developers for the future liquidation of assets and everquest is for sale and kinda waiting out pantheon's post-mortdom status. yeah, spellcheck didnt know wtf i was trying to talk about either.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They canceled EQ Next because they had no game. Continuing on is just sunk cost fallacy.
There was plenty of game to be had based on early footage. The problem was they didn't keep developing in that direction once SOE left the building.

It died for me way down the line when they released some pvp footage and the game looked nothing like the trailer and the mechanics looked clunky and basic. No budget/investment, no game.

Would love to see a day at Daybreak Games, what do they do there in terms of developing anything?

It's a matter of time before another "restructure" happens, down to the parent company hosting things in someone's house if it's not sold off sooner.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Orc

Daybreak is garbage
Old 10-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Smed buying is the best outcome I can see. He blessed P99 pretty early on.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Btw Swish, I'm digging the new cat-clarity GIF.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The venture elf caBaL lists have already uNiteD and begun the negotiating proceSs for da IP

You caN thaNk all da red millionAreS whEn grEEN is purChased anD convertEd to rallos zeK Ruleset within 6 monthS
Who let you in on this plan!?

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Closed Thread