Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Post the how to in Petitions forum.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this is something the GMs are interested in and it belongs in the Petitions forum with your evidence. Making vague accusations in server chat doesn't get much attention.
there was an identical issue with ragefire a long time ago involving Catherin to which he casually admitted to using autofire. I think he was banned 30 days or something, but was a one-off exception and got temporarily banned because he blatantly admitted to using it not because GMs had to investigate data to build a case. it was also a big elephant in the room at the time because how it affected the raid scene being that AF programs gave you an advantage with the old FTE mechanics; that's why the current FTE situation deters it's competitive advantage. still, back then it wasn't against the rules because it was difficult to police. instead it was "frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplaine".

a great man once said, "it's not what you know...it's what you can prove". the client can't detect AF programs because it registers macros as a key stroke, so it's impossible to truly give you a black and white answer. afaik, I remember reading somewhere that some GMs can analyze apm logs in order to identify probable cause of a player using an AF program. I don't think it's feasible to keep a running log of APM data of every single character on p99..that would require an immense amount of storage (maybe I'm wrong).. perhaps they need to 'turn it on' when someone is acting fishy?

what I'm trying to get at is GM's have the capability to detect probable cause of a person using AF programs, though it's difficult, requires a lot of work, and in the end still not as black and white as detecting a showEQ or something of that sorts. my guess is that it's too much effort to ban a single person; the effort doesn't outweigh the reward (remember GMs are volunteers) not to mention the endless list of other issues, petitions, and clowns they have to deal with on a day-to-day basis. this issue sadly isn't low hanging fruit. i'm sure if detecting it was a quick win, they would be more inclined to do something about it on a micro-level. remember...they did do something about it on a raid level.

my question is that even if someone is using an AF program, can the client even register the clicks/second if the purp has lets say 50ping. theoretically, doesn't the client only register one action per every 50 ms? so even if he's truly registering let's say 100 clicks per 50ms, wouldn't the client logs only show 1 click per 50ms? if my theory is right, then a legit guy should still be able to register 2 actions before the purp does.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 12-13-2016, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Guys. The staff here prioritize a classic server over a fun server. They have explicitly chosen rules that give all pixels to poopsocking neckbeards for the past 6 years. It's not the choice I would make. In fact it seems like a completely insane choice to me. But accept that it's not changing. Either figure out a system that lets you have fun anyway or stop whining.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Under normal circumstances, lore items prevent abusing quests like this. Allowing someone to spam turn in after turn in for loot rights is just bottlenecking an already horrible bottleneck. There's no reason this quest shouldn't be randomed.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Large Rat

Really guys.....
Your just in the wrong spot facing the wrong way.
People who can bind have infinity more chance to get the turn in compared to people to can't.
I swapped my main (melee) to turn in for my caster and I get the scout turn in quite a bit once I found a good spot.

If your not getting it, try a better spot, learn from your mistakes and try again.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Kobold

After winning 3 in a row, the salty tells were pretty good; I even made some streamer sperg out. I handed broken discs to guildies. 52ms, spamming trade bound on the spawn spot facing a certain direction. Isn't hard. Isn't fun either.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 12-13-2016, 01:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really guys.....
Your just in the wrong spot facing the wrong way.
People who can bind have infinity more chance to get the turn in compared to people to can't.
I swapped my main (melee) to turn in for my caster and I get the scout turn in quite a bit once I found a good spot.

If your not getting it, try a better spot, learn from your mistakes and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After winning 3 in a row, the salty tells were pretty good; I even made some streamer sperg out. I handed broken discs to guildies. 52ms, spamming trade bound on the spawn spot facing a certain direction. Isn't hard. Isn't fun either.
All good advice and this should be bare minimum for anyone attempting scout. You dont NEED to be able to bind to know the correct spot to stand on. Just use /loc and geographical markers to determine heading and make sure you have your trade windows aligned correctly. Again though, wont help you when up against a macro-clicker.

Without a doubt, a lot of people do get scout in a legitimate way and its not hard if there is no macro-clicker present. Lots of people who come to scout to do the turnin have no clue about what to do. You can even trick clueless people into standing at the wrong spot, quite hilarious. Doesnt change anything that has been said about macro-clickers.
Last edited by Leiker; 12-13-2016 at 01:25 PM..
Old 12-13-2016, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the problem with the server. People do not fun things for imaginary rewards which escalates to other people doing even less fun things for the same imaginary rewards.

This game is playable without a Bracer of Benevolence. Velious was beat with Kunark gear. People shouldn't be losing their shit over inconsequential things.

Should just drop the drama and rotate everything, but since people can't share, just let the babies have their bottle and have fun raiding Velk's, Siren's Grotto and other enjoyable content that the BiS nerds won't touch.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont NEED to be able to bind to know the correct spot to stand on.
Gating to your bind will body block others out of the spot. So you wait till its near scout time and gate, effectively pushing those w/o a bind out of the location.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 12-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys. The staff here prioritize a classic server over a fun server. They have explicitly chosen rules that give all pixels to poopsocking neckbeards for the past 6 years. It's not the choice I would make. In fact it seems like a completely insane choice to me. But accept that it's not changing. Either figure out a system that lets you have fun anyway or stop whining.
Server is shaping up to be the most convincing case study for why future MMORPG has instancing. Also, why I'm no longer excited about Pantheon. The same people who play here will f*** everything up there too.
Closed Thread