Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would imagine it'd be easy to catch RMTers. Just set up some code to flag when high amounts of plat get traded for almost nothing. Then investigate them (i.e. check if it was a legit reason, such as transfer or loot rights or whatever, versus RMT)
I think they have that already, but it's not very effective. Same folks have been doing it for years. If they slip up and get banned on one account, it's OK.. they just move to the next account and keep going.

The GMs try, but there's only so much they can do. When people are willing to buy, and people are willing to sell, they always find a way.

It's the folks who want to play the game legitimately who get sandwiched between the sewer, and the turd floating down it.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

lollin' at the long-winded posts ascribing grandiose Machiavellian schemes to cockblock casuals from loot, when in reality people just want to gear their chars and are willing to put in the time to do it and some aren't able or willing to

don't let this stop you from concern trolling and shitposting your way to forum superstardom though
Old 12-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Aviak

Yeah I doubt there are any ulterior motives to this sort of behavior as suggested. The guy who is named in the OP is even in a casual guild. Paradigm shift is hardly known for being super hardcore and locking down content.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I doubt there are any ulterior motives to this sort of behavior as suggested. The guy who is named in the OP is even in a casual guild. Paradigm shift is hardly known for being super hardcore and locking down content.
He probably does what I and many others do that have a life outside of P1999: Farm shit, save up, and buy shit you want that you can't get yourself.

I am not in a raid guild and would never be able to have most of my gear without buying MQs or loot rights. I don't want to join a raid guild.

He likely just happens to have a low ping and can click fast.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

gladI did my Scout early when we all were gentlemen and stood in circle around spawn point

BDA was big on policing the turn in bc they would show up w 15+, thats the current issue w this, lack of Chest n BDA
Old 12-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gladI did my Scout early when we all were gentlemen and stood in circle around spawn point

BDA was big on policing the turn in bc they would show up w 15+, thats the current issue w this, lack of Chest n BDA
BDA leaves and the server goes to shit.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Large Rat

Just to let you guys know, PS has never sold the rights of the disc to anyone and the item has always gone to someone in the guild.

There have been times where we have been short of people and invite others to help kill the Captain and then everyone rolls a random 1000 and the highest roll wins.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to let you guys know, PS has never sold the rights of the disc to anyone
Not for the lack of trying though:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=260191

Not that there is anything wrong with selling items if they are acquired in a legitimate way.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to let you guys know, PS has never sold the rights of the disc to anyone and the item has always gone to someone in the guild.

There have been times where we have been short of people and invite others to help kill the Captain and then everyone rolls a random 1000 and the highest roll wins.
Considering Schwifty sold to an Anon player earlier this week, that statement is a lie.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Banned

think its pretty clear what we have uncovered here with the scout. Wish you guys would call out all the people that do it on blue server, every single camp is rotated by /cough "plat farmers" /cough.
Closed Thread