Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default In game music does not play.

After downloading bassmidi (from the 2012 forum post) I decided that I did not like the revamped in game music and I wanted to revert back to the original music so I uninstalled it. Now the music (loading and zone music) does not work at all. I have no clue what I messed up or how I need to fix it. I have done a little research on midi files, players, soundfonts, ect... but I am still rather clueless as to what it all means lol. I have reinstalled P99 and even did a system recovery to hopefully undo what I messed up but got nowhere with it. And yes, I enabled environment sounds and ensure my music was turned up[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so, do you know how to fix it? Thanks for your time!!
Old 05-16-2023, 12:45 PM
Orc

You may need to reset your system's default midi device. If you are on Windows 10/11 the easiest way to do this is with the Coolsoft Midi Mapper. You can download it here: https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/midimapper

Once you download & install it, run the program then select 'Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth' (or your other midi playback device if you have one) - click apply then ok and give EQ another go.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the reply, Kemadim!

I reset the midi device to 'Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth' but now I am getting a message stating "Can't open target device. Do you want to select a device now?" It does nothing when I click OK or Cancel and also, still no in game music. I am assuming that my system is missing MS GS Wavetable Synth altogether but again, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this. EDIT: I have found MS GS Wavetable in my device manager and the driver are up to date but I am still experiencing the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cant open target device.JPG (73.9 KB, 40 views)
Last edited by dakinesurfer85; 05-16-2023 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-21-2023, 07:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Update: unfortunately, bad resort to my last option and reinstall Windows which fixed the problem. Fortunately for me the only thing on my M.2 was windows and p99. Hopefully somebody reads this before installing bassmidi
Old 08-07-2023, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakinesurfer85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the reply, Kemadim!

I reset the midi device to 'Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth' but now I am getting a message stating "Can't open target device. Do you want to select a device now?" It does nothing when I click OK or Cancel and also, still no in game music. I am assuming that my system is missing MS GS Wavetable Synth altogether but again, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this. EDIT: I have found MS GS Wavetable in my device manager and the driver are up to date but I am still experiencing the problem.
This is exactly what happened to me when my midis stopped working and I installed the CoolSoft midi player.