Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umadbadfat and owned.
Jesus is not proud of you at all.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Kobold

itt people throwing around terms like "fossil record" as if they know what the fuck they are talking about.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not ignoring the fossil record at all. In fact the fossil record is actually the biggest obstacle to evolutionary theory, because there have only ever been found fully formed fossils, and none of the transitional fossils that would be not only necessary but abundant if evolution were true.
You do realize (I hope) that special conditions are required for the formation of fossils. I also hope you realize that over a quarter of a billion years a lot of erosion, continental drift and global catastrophes have happened.
Then again half the country still believes that the earth is 6000 years old and the Sun orbits the Earth...
Quote:
Also its funny that you point out that evolution is not directly observable. How is it that it is accepted as scientific fact if it defies the scientific process by its very nature. By the scientific process it would have to be observable and repeatable. It is neither.
It's the same as gravitational THEORY which can't be observed directly or artificially created in a lab. Only it's effects can be measured/observed.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, scientific studies demonstrably hinge upon scrupulous peer review and years of crosschecking. The thing about scientific arguments is they are falsifiable, which is the mark of a good argument - religious arguments that point to an all-powerful creator still have yet to square the infinite regression rebuttal which, put simply, asks, "What came before that all-powerful creator?"

An arguments that point to an omnipotent creator at the beginning of everything is simply unfalsifiable, and is a grandiose claim made with very little evidence, and can therefore be dismissed with very little evidence.

And on the point of what religion actually is, I think most of us here are capable of making that distinction. Science is not a religion, and is irreconcilable with religion. As Stephen Gould said, science and religion are non-overlapping magisteria - they both do completely different things and simply can't be conflated. However, I disagree with Gould when he posits that there shouldn't be an argument between the two.
Your own post contradicts itself lol. "Scientific studies demonstrably hinge upon scrupulous peer review and years of crosschecking" yet apparently that doesn't exist on religious views? "An arguments that point to an omnipotent creator at the beginning of everything is simply unfalsifiable, and is a grandiose claim made with very little evidence, and can therefore be dismissed with very little evidence." Theory anyone? "And on the point of what religion actually is, I think most of us here are capable of making that distinction. Science is not a religion, and is irreconcilable with religion." That doesn't even make sense. You basically claim if a God does exist, he would work in ways that no one would ever discover, and like I said, by definition, science is a religion, doesn't matter how much you say it isn't.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your response shows your lack of education on the subject matter. First you are ignoring the fossil record. Secondly you ignore that evolution is a process that takes extremely long periods of time which is why you haven't seen it yet.

Are you going to claim that neptune doesn't orbit the Sun because it hasn't yet completed a full orbit since its discovery?
Evolution is a hoax

There are little motors that make up atoms and molecules. These little motors have up to 30 individual moving parts. In order for these little motors to function, all moving parts must exist and work in complete symbiosis at the exact same time. Evolution would have been an impossibility. These are building blocks that make up all Matter.

DNA and Genetic Complexity point to obvious design. Not possible that level of complexity could happen by random chaotic chance, especially when you factor in the laws of Thermodynamics.

Evolution is a BS Materialistic Theory from the mid 1800s. It's become a Religion. Not science.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize (I hope) that special conditions are required for the formation of fossils. I also hope you realize that over a quarter of a billion years a lot of erosion, continental drift and global catastrophes have happened.
Then again half the country still believes that the earth is 6000 years old and the Sun orbits the Earth...

It's the same as gravitational THEORY which can't be observed directly or artificially created in a lab. Only it's effects can be measured/observed.
So what you are saying is that the fossil record proves evolution regardless of what has actually been found because the conditions just happened to have hidden the fossils needed to prove evolution. So what is the basis for saying that the fossil record proves evolution?

Yeah you're right about gravity, it can be observed. The change of one species to another can't. Good point, thanks.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

Quote:

How do you explain the center of gravity in the universe?

You're aware it's exactly The Golden Ratio of 1.618 right? This ratio is seen in everything. Humans. Plants. Flowers. The spiral of galaxies. Everything.

How it is possible this very specific mathematical equation is so prevalent throughout the entire universe?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Evolution is a hoax

There are little motors that make up atoms and molecules. These little motors have up to 30 individual moving parts. In order for these little motors to function, all moving parts must exist and work in complete symbiosis at the exact same time. Evolution would have been an impossibility. These are building blocks that make up all Matter.

DNA and Genetic Complexity point to obvious design. Not possible that level of complexity could happen by random chaotic chance, especially when you factor in the laws of Thermodynamics.

Evolution is a BS Materialistic Theory from the mid 1800s. It's become a Religion. Not science.
Wow, the amount of sheer ignorance in this one post is beyond my grasp. Have you ever opened a text book in your life? I usually dont resort to ad-hominem attacks but seriously...you are stupid as dirt.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
How do you explain the center of gravity in the universe?

You're aware it's exactly The Golden Ratio of 1.618 right? This ratio is seen in everything. Humans. Plants. Flowers. The spiral of galaxies. Everything.

How it is possible this very specific mathematical equation is so prevalent throughout the entire universe?
math
Closed Thread