Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-29-2023, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure if you're still around but how did you get middlemand to run in crostini? I can't get it to start with the script
Old 07-29-2023, 04:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

You have to compile it first.
Old 07-29-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkman1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to compile it first.
Ah, I see. Tried on two machines and I get this error when I try to compile with make -f Makefile

cc -c -o build/main.o src/main.c -O2 -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing
make: cc: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:30: build/main.o] Error 127

Not sure what I am doing wrong lol. Wish I never got rid of my compiled version I had way back.
Old 07-29-2023, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

I might have gotten it to work. Looks like I was able to get it compiled on the macbook lol. Thanks for getting me in the right direction.
Old 07-29-2023, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Well it's compiled but I just can't get it to run in Crostini. I have EQ opening no problem, I just can't see the servers so need this to run ��. Tried a VPN but that didn't seem to help.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it's compiled but I just can't get it to run in Crostini. I have EQ opening no problem, I just can't see the servers so need this to run ��. Tried a VPN but that didn't seem to help.
If both the software and the VPN isn't working, you might have an issue with your network (eg. your router could be messing things up).

More networking-savvy people could probably provide some diagnostic tool you could use to determine this, but all I can suggest is trying to get it working on Windows (if you have a Windows laptop handy that you could install it on briefly), or trying to play with the settings on your router (or temporarily substitute a different router).

If it works on Windows, you know it's Linux's problem, and if it works with a different router you know it's a router problem ... but I'd check all that because for me personally (running Linux Mint) I don't need either middleman or a VPN anymore (although in the past a VPN did help).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-29-2023, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, I see. Tried on two machines and I get this error when I try to compile with make -f Makefile

cc -c -o build/main.o src/main.c -O2 -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing
make: cc: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:30: build/main.o] Error 127

Not sure what I am doing wrong lol. Wish I never got rid of my compiled version I had way back.
It looks like there could be missing files during the compile? I've used a similar tool by Zaela called eqemu-login-helper, which I think has a similar but different solution to the login server packet order issue. After a git clone and a `make` it leaves a binary in the bin directory. Have yet to run in to any issues compiling it on debian.
Old 07-29-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If both the software and the VPN isn't working, you might have an issue with your network (eg. your router could be messing things up).

More networking-savvy people could probably provide some diagnostic tool you could use to determine this, but all I can suggest is trying to get it working on Windows (if you have a Windows laptop handy that you could install it on briefly), or trying to play with the settings on your router (or temporarily substitute a different router).

If it works on Windows, you know it's Linux's problem, and if it works with a different router you know it's a router problem ... but I'd check all that because for me personally (running Linux Mint) I don't need either middleman or a VPN anymore (although in the past a VPN did help).
This is just an issue of me not knowing Linux very well haha. I work in IT, networking is fine. What I meant by the VPN not working is that is it didn't make the servers show up as some have mentioned. EQ works just fine in my windows environment.
Old 07-29-2023, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indefinite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It looks like there could be missing files during the compile? I've used a similar tool by Zaela called eqemu-login-helper, which I think has a similar but different solution to the login server packet order issue. After a git clone and a `make` it leaves a binary in the bin directory. Have yet to run in to any issues compiling it on debian.
So I was able to compile it on my macbook without issue but I think since it's an M1 Macbook that its now not working when I copied it over because my Chromebook is an i3 and its trying to execute it as ARM.

I will take a look at the link you sent. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2023, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

I finally was able to get it to compile on the Chromebook. I had to do sudo apt install build-essential and it finally worked. Installing just make didnt work for some reason.

Servers are now showing up as intended. Thanks for the help folks! Working and logged in now!
Last edited by joppykid; 07-29-2023 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: updating status