Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-06-2023, 12:27 AM
Skeleton

Default Pet Afk Killing

If I am Afk, and kill a mob with my pet once, on accident. Will I get banned, or get in trouble? I have not been doing this, I am just wondering.

Sometimes I have a really nice pet, that I don't want to lose. If I have to go do laundry or bio real fast. I always move to a position where I am less likely to get hit, when I afk with a pet. But what if a rare situation happens?

I just want to follow the rules and not get in trouble. Please don't be mad that I asked the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2023, 06:29 AM
Orc

I fell asleep once with a pet up in droga. It killed a bunch of goblins but I didn't die (or get xp for that matter, everything was green). I woke up and a GM had killed me, 0% rezzed me, killed me again, and sent me a tell warning not to afk kill things with my pet.
Old 08-06-2023, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabBp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I am Afk, and kill a mob with my pet once, on accident. Will I get banned, or get in trouble? I have not been doing this, I am just wondering.

Sometimes I have a really nice pet, that I don't want to lose. If I have to go do laundry or bio real fast. I always move to a position where I am less likely to get hit, when I afk with a pet. But what if a rare situation happens?

I just want to follow the rules and not get in trouble. Please don't be mad that I asked the question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone would have to report you, if it's just a few mins of afk and your pet kills one or two mobs nothing will happen.
If you do it all night you'll probably get caught.
Old 08-06-2023, 02:59 PM
Skeleton

Thanks for your answers.
Old 08-06-2023, 06:07 PM
Aviak

On blue years ago, a low 50s mage with epic asked me if I wanted to stay in group while his pet slaughtered the nobles in HHK, we afked in the kitchen for about 2 days. Came back to have gained 4 1/2 levels lol. How we didnt at least get forced DCed by a GM is beyond me because this was when HHK was a total hotspot for the Bards and Nobles, but hey it got me past levels 52-56
Ruilden Wreckchords | Level 30 Half Elf Bard of No God |Green|
Maulgar | Level 24 Troll Shadow Knight of Cazic-Thule |Green|