Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by llShADoVvll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im back to square one.. grrr!! i made my toon and go to lvl 4 then zoned and all the sudden i crash so i go to reload the game and BAM that same erro again.. all i did last time was restart my computer then it was giving me a ffffff memory error now its the same one in pic idk what to do now.....
I can't read what the message box says in that pic. What is the exact error message, including any codes or numbers they gave you?
Old 10-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Large Rat

okay let me run it real fast...Title of error eqgame.exe - Application Error Shows a big Red X and says The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Banned

Im getting the same error on my laptop. The game used to run and I would get the error occasionally, but now it does not run at all. I'd say I havn't played for the last two patches or so. Game works fine on my desktop, I even tried copying the folder over and still no fix:

"The instruction at 0x02d0f0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. Thememory could not be read."

I can't find any solutions on the website... Any help?
Old 10-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Large Bat

Getting the same problem as well. I am also on a laptop.
Haven't played the new patch yet so that could be the issue.
I also just iinstalled duxa, so I guess i'll reinstall and try to play without that, maybe that is the issue.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

Ok...

So, I never gave UP!

I ended up deleting the game completely, including all of the regedit info on Everquest. I then followed the resolution instructions located in the EQEmuFAQ:

Quote:
When I try to open EQ, the window blinks black and then closes and I get an error, but EQ never even starts.
Most likely you are having a resolution or drivers issue. Try adjusting your EQ or Desktop Resolutions or updating your video drivers. It may just be that EQ is trying to start in a resolution that it does not support. If setting your desktop to 1024X768 does not work, then you may need to set it in your eqclient.ini. There should be a file named OptionsEditor.exe in your Everquest folder. Open that program and set your resolution to 1024X768 and see if that helps. If not, run it again and try other resolutions. Once you have it working, you should be able to adjust your resolution from in game and then /camp out to save the new settings.
After this, the game works fine. I believe the problem I was having was that my laptop's recommended setting is 1366x768 and the game only supports 1360x768. This was my resolution error. I had also changed the res settings in the eqclient.ini file and this stopped the game from loading windowed and it would just load into full screen with the unsupported resolution and crash.

Just in time for Thanksgiving, thanks for all of the help!

jdklaw
Last edited by jdklaw; 11-24-2011 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: added link
Old 11-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Aviak

Yes, usually when you get the "the memory could not be read" error, the very first thing you should try is adjusting your screen resolution to something smaller. Glad you got this fixed!
Old 12-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Large Rat

I just want to post here. I'm suffering the exact same issue as this person, but for me its become unsolvable.

I've tried everything in this thread plus numerous other fixes but it all fails. The game starts and runs perfectly until I put in the eqchangesv19. Then it simply falls to this.

Anyone else just completely unable to get past this error?
Old 12-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Fire Giant

The problem is caused by EQ crashing and Full screen settings getting messed up...

easy solution is to switch to windowed mode. You can use the All in One Installer and pick option (6) and pick Windowed and the resolution that closely resembles your monitor's resolution. For example my monitor is 1920x1080.. i run it in windowed with option 1900x1000 that basically makes it full screen.

That will resolve the issue...

after its resolved you can log out (properly... not /exit).. and switch it back to full screen using the same routine but picking Full Screen this time... that will probably fix it and let you run it full screen...

but I feel that everyone should run EQ in windowed at max, it avoids a ton of problems and allows you to easily alt/tab to other windows/programs...

this issue is overall related to EQ being a 12 year old game (15 year old engine) running on modern hardware (video cards mostly) with the trickery P99 uses to go back in time using Titanium... basically it will happen once in a while.. but above steps should resolve it.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Large Rat

Still won't work. Followed ya to the word for just what you said above... Its just impossible to fix. I even did a 110% complete reinstall to do it. Won't budge a cat.

Well, I'm definitely up the river on this one... Maybe its time to tell the folks somehow I won't be on till next patch...
Old 12-13-2011, 02:08 AM
Large Rat

I am having the same issue can connect to any server except project1999 and this is recent for me. I did a reboot on my HD clean installed everything, re-setup my servers for PEQ Project1999 and EZServer, can connect to the other two just fine but when I install the eqchangesv19 files I get a crash with the same error message as the OP.

*Edit: I know mine is not a resolution bug