Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Orc

Default Raid mobs - 30 minute timers, and you. IF YOU RAID, READ IT

First off, this is Acarer member of IB. i know a lot of you fellow raiders, whether your in fishbait, divinity, trans, gothic circle, or newly formed remedy. alot i can call my friends. and not many that are my enemies.......

This server has seen a lot of changes. we had the rotation, we all know how that worked out. and now we have a 30 minute timer rule. splendid.

the populations growing everyday... most of us are here to relive the experiences of raiding like we once did in classic vanilla eq. not all of us are 16 years old anymore. we know the game inside and out, and we want to gear our charactors to the max. and be the best... now to my point.....

30 minute time rule. this idea has worked for the most part. guilds are having a chance if they have the proper raid force in a particular area to take down targets and given 30 minutes to do so.... tho this rule is not being followed. whether they are " accidents " or not. people are getting trained without repercussions, and timers are not being followed unless a GM is literally stalking the zone. so the guilds who actually have some integrity and want to follow the rules, are the ones who are getting skrewed. theres just to much inconsistancy. and i am not just speaking on my behalf, this is a problem to us all.

Rotations were taken out when divinity wanted a piece of the pie ( as they should ) this was to not further complicate things and not have each guild wait 3 weeks on a raid target. ..... times are changing. and they are changing again.

we now have 5-6 guilds that are capable of raiding top end targets. this has been leading to various trains/camping/bans.. among other things...The 30 minute timer rules have not been completely enforced. those of us who have been abiding by the rule, have watched on multiple occasions the rule be broken, and gm repercusion not being made, these guilds are being rewarded with the loot they actually get.

we also have a new issue... SITTING on spawns for 8+ hours a day and having full claim to it even if its not up, as long as your sitting there. which frankly is not what the GM's had in mind, but with the population and all the raid guilds.. its becomming harder and harder to control. regardless if we keep 30 minute timers or not, this issue needs to be addressed. what happens in kunark for trananon? im sure the GM's are excited about dealing with that mess.

so what are our options? continue with the 15 in zone, 30 minute timer rule, and have our guides and GM's babysitting every single fear and hate raid? thats not fair to the playerbase, nor the admin's who provide this for us.

this leads me to my other point... do maestro or draco need 15 people to kill? the universal rule of 15 people can claim raid targets, is troublesome. you have skilled players who can take these mobs out with raid forces of less then 2 groups. i think were making these raid targets sound harder then they really are. this is vanilla everquest. anyone who doesnt think maestro and draco could be done with a single group, doesnt know much about either target.

what im suggesting is our playerbase along with our admin's give this a closer look. First come first serve, is what were already facing. its already happening and will continue to happen. when trakanon is out, you think any guild is going to just let GUILD A perma park there? its going to get nasty. not only will first come first server will limit the effectiveness of parking on raid mobs. it will give this server its first real sense of competition, and show all guilds competing for spawns, that nothing is guaranteed. and mobilization and skill is key.

when every guild starts perma camping on spawns this will be no different then the rotation we once had. if we cant keep up with the rising population and raiding problems, things will only get worse, at least First come first serve, we are all on the same playing field.. and the trainers/greifers should be dealt with accordingly. ... just my 2 cents.

any feedback would be appreciated. i have no bias motive. i just want everyone on the same playing field. im sure others agree with me.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Aviak

You want the GMs to not have to worry about anything, and competition thrive, let them go back to no GM intervention.
everything goes, competition to its fullest, whether dirty play or not, since its already been happening, and may the best guild thrive. also, truces and alliances can be made, there is nothing that says we people of p1999 cant govern ourselves.
Myth
Old 04-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

Devs: how hard would it be to create some sort of command... say /calltimer name, name is either guild or raidleader etc. It would prompt the raidleader with a window much like a rez window that says "<Name/guild> is calling 30 minutes on you, do you accept?" and have it log the time, and maybe have a zonewide countdown.

Thoughts?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Kobold

Pretty interesting since IB just skipped right over Remedy today to kill Maestro. Seems like IB really didnt care if there was a 30 minute timer today or not. Whats even more interesting is how many people knew about IB doing that today in such a short time frame.

If anything, this post was made because of this incident today in a way to cover your own asses. First come, first serve is great in theory. But then whos going to deal with the cluster fuck that comes from 2 rival guilds beating on CT at the same time and hoping that their KS group gets the kill? Not that that is not already happening, for example the Draco kill last week. Forget that fact that enchanters are trivializing content (1 group to kill Maestro). The majority of us would just like to see IB follow its own advice or stfu.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

I don't have authority to speak for the GMs so I won't say ffa is completely off the table. But it has been made clear in the past that won't fly.

Myth, we used to be pals. It's really sad what happened to you. Either way, you ask acarer to let us return to ffa. I'm not sure if you're just so crazed that you think that's actually how it happened, or if you're so against us that you just make crazy lies to make us look like we're at fault for everything... but IB is not responsible for no ffa =p. I don't know what else to say about that.

And remedy rep I'm not sure exactly what went down cuz I wasn't pulling. but you guys were at the zonein and we moved u pand began pulling maestro room. so as far as most (or all) of us are concerned there was no reason to call 30 minutes on you. this isn't the venue to discuss it though as I'm sure there will be a much different shitfest =p
Old 04-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty interesting since IB just skipped right over Remedy today to kill Maestro. Seems like IB really didnt care if there was a 30 minute timer today or not. Whats even more interesting is how many people knew about IB doing that today in such a short time frame.

If anything, this post was made because of this incident today in a way to cover your own asses. First come, first serve is great in theory. But then whos going to deal with the cluster fuck that comes from 2 rival guilds beating on CT at the same time and hoping that their KS group gets the kill? Not that that is not already happening, for example the Draco kill last week. Forget that fact that enchanters are trivializing content (1 group to kill Maestro). The majority of us would just like to see IB follow its own advice or stfu.
No offense but I'm quiet positive you guys were just there for a regular hate clear. You probably didn't even know he was up until IB showed up. Sorry to say.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No offense but I'm quiet positive you guys were just there for a regular hate clear. You probably didn't even know he was up until IB showed up. Sorry to say.
Not once did I say I was Remedy, or that I spoke for them. I was actually there tracking Maestro, and watched what you guys did. Also, regardless of the reason of why they were there to begin with. They obviously knew he was up since they were pulling from his room (Duh). They had over 15 there, and had the rights to kill him. Refer to the last sentence of my last post.

Just like your own guild mate said, the people that follow the stated rules are the ones getting the shaft. IB on the other hand, is not getting the shaft. So whats that say about IB?
Last edited by Audacious93c; 04-03-2010 at 02:30 AM..
Old 04-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audacious93c [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not once did I say I was Remedy, or that I spoke for them. I was actually there tracking Maestro, and watched what you guys did. Also, regardless of the reason of why they were there to begin with. They obviously knew he was up since they were pulling from his room (Duh). They had over 15 there, and had the rights to kill him. Refer to the last sentence of my last post.

Just like your own guild mate said, the people that follow the stated rules are the ones getting the shaft. IB on the other hand, is not getting the shaft. So whats that say about IB?
Post proof, I was there when they were pulling entrance roamers/wiping to trash AS we ported 15 members in. So whats that say about your credibility?
Last edited by Deanob; 04-03-2010 at 03:37 AM..
Old 04-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

as for maestro today, there was no racing, and both our guild and remedy were extremely helpful to each other as needed, including offering rotting loot to each others' guild

as far as the original post, my comments will be on IB's internal boards
Old 04-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by imij [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

we also have a new issue... SITTING on spawns for 8+ hours a day and having full claim to it even if its not up, as long as your sitting there.
This is actually some REALLY old news dude. Back when I was with IB, Transcendence camped in the hallway before the 4giant split room for 10 hours. By the time he was finally due, raid was called and we started clearing giants. A few of their stragglers came up to join them. Not a problem - Penoy just trained them. So we finally killed Tranix and such, and they were going to kill Naggy.. but they wiped. So we ran up to leapfrog them, that was our intent. Then the GMs stepped in and told us that if anyone with an IB tag engaged Naggy, they would be banned. That's when the rotation was enforced. Oh, did I mention that while they were recovering, they brought in another 2 groups?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Closed Thread