Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

Default How badly will shit be camped?

So everyone knows that a portion of the playerbase is extremely hardcore and will camp shit religiously, but how bad will it really be? Should one believe the horror stories of "manastone will be camped 100% of the time from release until removal"? What about other things like regular xp camps, will they be perpetually occupied with a list of 20 people in line? It's kinda hard to get an idea of these things because blue was way smaller when it launched.

Vanity items like guise, can you ever expect to get one if you're not part of some poopsocking crew?

Will regular people be able to get into high-value camps like FBSS or GEBs?

Will solo classes actually be able to find good spots to solo or will all worthwhile content be occupied?

Can you expect to go to a dungeon and /yell LFG and actually find a group in reasonable time or will it be hours of waiting for a spot?
Old 10-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

It will be everything you imagine.

You'll go to Najena and do a /who and it will show too many players to show. Then you'll add your name to the /list and you will be number 237. You will sit in Najena for 20 hours and finally pass out from exhaustion. The last thing you remember will be that you were 126th. When you wake up and login and put your name on the /list, you will be 212th person in line. You will spend some time getting the third key, and then sit there for another 19 hours as your place in the list goes down to double digits. Using drugs and self-mutilation, you will force yourself to stay awake another 10 hours, which brings your place on the /list to 43, but your tired body gives up.

At that point you will gather a couple of friends and you will take turns babysitting each other's characters as they stay online 24/7 and move down the list to finally get that pair of Jboots.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

things like guise and manastone will be 24/7 camped by a team of players rotating in and out as they wake up / go to sleep.

Pixel lust, no im not joking or trolling.
There are profit teams on blue who farmed hate/fear for example. Now imagine them on green with manastones its going to be disgusting.

but baler LISTS will save us.. a meer speed bump for these kinds of players.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah some people use the game to pay rent and with #1 enforcer no longer on staff itll prob get worse before it gets better again
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 10-03-2019 at 11:30 AM..
Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Fire Giant

Copying my reply to another thread

People don't seem to understand how much more split the camps were in classic. Because combat was longer and harder and required more downtime between pulls. You could have 3 groups at orc highway in oasis. In Unrest there were three yard camps, fireplace and bedroom were separate Crushbone had Walls, Pit, Slaver Caves, Hill, Castle and Dvinn all as separate camps. Full groups camping chessboard in Butcherblock. 2 Full groups at aviak city in South Karana.

The game's capacity is quite high when it's played as intended rather than the massive twinkfest that Blue is where one group can hold Assassin/Supploer, Executioner, Cavalier and Sage in Lower Guk with no real downtime.

As to those specific items, I think those camps will be busy sure but I don't think it'll be so bad that you couldn't invest some time and guarantee at least some of those items. I know I will be investing in getting full visual Rubicite
Old 10-03-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

You will be placing yourself on the list for groups XPing on individual a_large_rat00 spawns.

Death will mean you lost about a week's worth of XP (a month for hybrids if you include both the XP penalty and all the time spent LFG because people keep passing on hybrids) due to having to wait around 6 mins to kill your assigned spawn, and no one that can give xp rezzes.

Your group will be /randoming for bone chips and rusty weapons to sell.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Get ready for pain. I love pain.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I think some of it depends on how the lists and afk checks work. If a list is 10 people deep for Mana Stone, that would be likely 100 hours (if they all stayed on continuously) before they all got their Stone. If the afk checks aren't that severe maybe the lines get long, but if they're serious the lines will shorten (in number.) It will still be a long wait, but I don't think you'd see list numbers get into the 100's unless the afk checks are virtually nonexistent.

TBH if it functions well enough I think it might dissuade some perma campers from blue, as it's just easier to farm sick blue stuff without the competition. When they merge some velious stuff that's been farmed for a decade might go up in price.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Someone told me that they will be adding /list in noob zones so people share decaying skeleton spawns. So you have to wait on a list to kill decaying skeletons which is what I plan on doing.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Banned

We’re going back to slow Everquest fellaS. Will be fine
Closed Thread