Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

It's funny but I think in a lot of ways Phinigel is much more hardcore than Project 1999. With expansions coming out so quickly you really need to play 20+ hours a week. If you took a few months off, you'd be a full expansion behind.

I'm kind of curious to see how BDA does as the server progresses past Velious content that is both easy and familiar to them into Luclin, PoP and beyond. Fortunately we have Trollolololololololol to keep us notified and Swish to slam him. I predict this thread reaches 300 pages!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's funny but I think in a lot of ways Phinigel is much more hardcore than Project 1999. With expansions coming out so quickly you really need to play 20+ hours a week. If you took a few months off, you'd be a full expansion behind.

I'm kind of curious to see how BDA does as the server progresses past Velious content that is both easy and familiar to them into Luclin, PoP and beyond. Fortunately we have Trollolololololololol to keep us notified and Swish to slam him. I predict this thread reaches 300 pages!
You're 100% right in a way. I don't try to make that argument much around here cause brainless classic purists are the worst and trying to talk sense into them is pointless. But in a lot of ways Phinny is more "hardcore" than P99 is. Certainly not across the board cause we do get easymode CR's and map/compass and yada yada. However like you said Velious isn't the permanent state of Phinny (unlike P99) so you need to actually progress to keep up. I could come back to P99 in 5 years and be no further behind than I am right now. Doesn't sound very hardcore to me. The only REAL hardcore thing about P99 is also the worst part about P99 and that is: Poopsocking.

Not to mention due to mitigation/presence of the mighty in many cases the dragons/boss fights themselves are a lot harder on Phinny than they are on P99. Whereas raiding on P99 I'd say 99% of the "difficulty" is who can stomach staring at a wall longer and who can FTE first. Still boggles my mind a bit how people can feel so high and mighty about being better at staring at walls for 16 hours than everyone else. The ONLY people who really have any leg to stand on with their claim to be better than their competition is the people who actually get FTE. If you're a warmbody in Awakened or Aftermath who's never gotten a FTE in their life and all you do is wallstare and hit auto attack or a CH macro when the mob enters camp you have no right whatsoever to act like you're better than anyone else imo. You make yourself look foolish when you brag about being carried to victory.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

I hope when I quit P99, I'll get a 200 page good bye thread.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're a warmbody in Awakened or Aftermath who's never gotten a FTE in their life and all you do is wallstare and hit auto attack or a CH macro when the mob enters camp you have no right whatsoever to act like you're better than anyone else imo. You make yourself look foolish when you brag about being carried to victory.
only truly hardcore raiders like BDA have the right to feel superior about a video game
Old 07-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only truly hardcore raiders like BDA have the right to feel superior about a video game
When have I EVER bragged about BDA's raiding superiority on P99?
Old 07-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
goog thing yur so interested in whats goin on there so they know its worth posting abt
Old 07-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When have I EVER bragged about BDA's raiding superiority on P99?
solid woosh
Old 07-12-2016, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilQuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
goog thing yur so interested in whats goin on there so they know its worth posting abt
i like BDA. i also like tormenting jcr.

follow me on twitter to find out other things i like!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

gl killing Nevedaria bda

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 07-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Banned

rivthis, dogg, that location field is real gay. sorry to have to be the one to break this to you buddy. If i ever get something stuck in my teeth or something i would rather just hear it straight out though so thats where I'm coming from dude, no hate.
Closed Thread