Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

I find it fascinating people still don't understand why Bitcoin rocketed to $69k...

If you knew why, you would know why we just went from $14k to $30k even in a "bear market."

You'd also know why it'll surpass $100k.

I'm glad I have really sunk my hook into a bunch of you patsies to be negative on Bitcoin. Gonna be an epic Itoldyouso post in the next few years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, don't take financial advice from actors on TV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2023, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it fascinating people still don't understand why Bitcoin rocketed to $69k...

If you knew why, you would know why we just went from $14k to $30k even in a "bear market."

You'd also know why it'll surpass $100k.

I'm glad I have really sunk my hook into a bunch of you patsies to be negative on Bitcoin. Gonna be an epic Itoldyouso post in the next few years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, don't take financial advice from actors on TV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you let me know when that fake money turns into real money from something other than selling people on the idea that it's going to be worth more
Old 04-15-2023, 08:08 PM
Orc

The thing with crypto, ntfs and other things who's value is completely speculative...is simply that. The value is completely speculative.

This means that its "hype' or the opposite are the only real things that give it any value.

Therefore. the people who own crypto/nfts have financial incentives to promote said "investments" regardless of the truth of the situations. Also it is in their finical interest to vigorously defend anything negative...because the perception of its value IS its value.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

it's quite literally a ponzi scheme

just don't be the doofus holding the bag at the end and more power to you if you make a buck but it never will be money.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just don't be the doofus holding the bag at the end and more power to you if you make a buck but it never will be money.
I think its technically a "bigger fool" scam. But yes, it's still a scam
Old 04-15-2023, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

its a ponzi scheme that only fails if society fails, you're literally betting on the collapse if you dont think it will go up

Which I agree with. Jesus saves.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2023, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18120 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its technically a "bigger fool" scam. But yes, it's still a scam
Greater fool; 10 points will be deducted from Hufflepuff.
Old 04-15-2023, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its a ponzi scheme that only fails if society fails
it might just run its course without society falling. it hard to find people who still defend NFTs and other spin offs like that virtual real estate shit.

just a couple more exchanges imploding because of people like sam bankmanfried and it's prolly done for. FTX apparently never even actually bought any crypto with the money people invested.
Old 04-15-2023, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it might just run its course without society falling. it hard to find people who still defend NFTs and other spin offs like that virtual real estate shit.

just a couple more exchanges imploding because of people like sam bankmanfried and it's prolly done for. FTX apparently never even actually bought any crypto with the money people invested.
it's a math thing, this is how I look at it and I'm crazy but it adds up because it is math.

The reason one would invest in bitcoin, is because they are a happy, futurist, with free income to invest in idealistic nothings.

The reason one would not, is because they are unhappy, and not to optimistic, and unable to spend money on idealistic nothings.

If the ratio of users is such that bitcoin goes down, that means the ratio of users that are unhappy, and have no money is going up.

The greater that number is over the other, the more violent and unstable, and collapsed your society becomes.

If you're not rooting for bitcoin, you're rooting for end times. And for that I just want to say, thanks!
Old 04-15-2023, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

^ not even touchin that.

it only works because of momentum, just like a popular phone game or whatever, once they peak and buy a commercial during the superbowl its over.

bitcoin is basically clash of clans is what im saying. or a virus is another good example once it propagates through the population it runs out of new hosts and then the "investors" start cannibalizing each other.

BTC peaked at 67k or whatever it was, shit's never going back that high
Last edited by Ekco; 04-15-2023 at 11:48 PM..