Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 05-16-2023, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be fair, the lake rathe goblin is annoying with the water pushback. I did it in the mid 50s. The PH always came single and I just pulled back to a wall and backed into a corner to nuke it down.

Additionally, if you have a more suitable character (like a necro with DMF) you can camp it with that and log over to druid to loot.
I keep Levitate hotkeyed for it now, helps with the pushback a little.

Saw one tainted last night, no corrupted, but a pally came along trying to do the Cleric epic and Bergurgle spawned after an hour, so I'm happy for him.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

Okay, I coined a way to make the goblin shamans workable. I can't rely on breaking up the camp and then holding it, too much health/mana expended on one goblin to break even, and the casting problems underwater only make it worse.

Instead, I've bound at the island above the underwater cave and use that spot as my battleground. Using Harmony and Enveloping Roots, my fastest Root spell, I pull the teo PH's, root them both, then get out of their arrow range and gate back up to the island. Once they unroot, they chase me up to the island and I fight them there. It's two at a time, but landing my spells is much easier when drydocked and there's enough room to root one and then isolate its buddy on the other side of the island if needed.

A little annoying, even hairy at times, but it works. So at this point it's just a matter of sticking it out until I strike gold.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:43 AM
Kobold

I completed the quest on a cleric one time. I thought the clickie seemed pretty mediocre considering how difficult the quest is. I ended up re-rolling that cleric, but the quest left an impression on me. Quite a few clickies in game that are kind of "meh" like that.
Old 05-21-2023, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

And then I die right after I make the claim it's workable, thanks to a very untimely root.

Le sigh. Knew I should've just waited for someone to sell me this piece. I'd much rather part with another 5-10k to MQ this one piece if it means not having to spend entire evenings suffering it out.
Last edited by Loadsamoney; 05-21-2023 at 01:15 AM..
Old 05-21-2023, 03:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then I die right after I make the claim it's workable, thanks to a very untimely root.

Le sigh. Knew I should've just waited for someone to sell me this piece. I'd much rather part with another 5-10k to MQ this one piece if it means not having to spend entire evenings suffering it out.
Are you in a guild? Have you tried getting help from a guild to finish it?
Old 05-21-2023, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you in a guild? Have you tried getting help from a guild to finish it?
Kittens has helped me with a lot of it, and I check for Faydaddy once a day. Sham also said they have a leftover Cleansed Spirit of Antonica they'd be willing to give me, which will save me having to do the goblin shaman. So really it's just the VS Stone, Kedge Crystals and Seawater. And I don't know how long it'll take to find sellers for those. I haven't seen any in EC or blue trading forums.

And no, I'm not willing to go to Kedge Keep and farm for a corrupted seahorse, under any circumstances. I've had enough underwater nonsense and seahorses are no joke.
Old 05-21-2023, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kittens has helped me with a lot of it, and I check for Faydaddy once a day. Sham also said they have a leftover Cleansed Spirit of Antonica they'd be willing to give me, which will save me having to do the goblin shaman. So really it's just the VS Stone, Kedge Crystals and Seawater. And I don't know how long it'll take to find sellers for those. I haven't seen any in EC or blue trading forums.

And no, I'm not willing to go to Kedge Keep and farm for a corrupted seahorse, under any circumstances. I've had enough underwater nonsense and seahorses are no joke.
Scratch that, another Kittens actually farmed the shamans and got lucky, just MQ'd it for me. One Cleansed Spirit down.

VS Stone, Kedge Crystals and Pod of Seawater are the only ones left, so I just need some patience to wait out a seller at this point.
Old 05-22-2023, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

VSR up atm

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-22-2023, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VSR up atm
I saw him last night, we didn't have enough people to do it though. That's the only item I need still to finish the epic.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

At last, my first Epic completed.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can at least say I've finished one now, even if it's one of the easier ones.

Turning my attention to Gloves of Earthcrafting now. What did its MQ generally go for on Blue?