Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread is going to contain a compilation of every client customization project I have taken on, including ones I may take on in the future. Each will have their own posts (likely over-time to be scattered about the thread). This first post will serve as the 'index' if you will. All posts will be linked to in this first post, as well as a detailed layout of project goals both completed and in progress. This thread will be ever changing, I will post 'patch note' posts as things get changed or updated. At some point I would like to have an installer set up for download in this first post as well.

ANY threads related to previous projects (such as Luclin models) are now defunct as all projects will be handled by this one thread. Please do not bump the old posts/threads (That means the "[GUIDE] Using Luclin Models" thread). Stick with this one.

If you run into any bugs with the projects listed below I encourage you to post them so that a fix may be located. Only post bugs related to my customization projects in this thread. This is NOT a Project 1999 tech support thread. While I'm glad to attempt to assist you with any general problems, this is not the thread for that.

THIS THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Loading, Please Wait...

Project Listing:*

Project Goals:
  • Reinstate original Luclin Skeleton animations (so they actually act undead rather than simply mimic Luclin Human animations)
  • Complete water swaps.
  • Apply Velious armor textures to Luclin models. NOTE: This will, if completed, overwrite standard Luclin textures. This will also not affect helmets.

-Danyelle/Rainbowdash

*Select Links to jump to, and view, individual posts.
**These UI changes will be specific to the Titanium Default UI and will not modify or support any custom UIs, including, but not limited to, The Classic UI, The Velious UI, Duxa's UI, or anything from EQInterface.
***While the EQEmulator patcher and Project 1999 Guidebook already remove, or instruct you to remove, several files to fix Classic zones, not all of the files you need to remove are listed or removed for you. This can cause crashing in zones like Lavastorm or the continued use of the modern .mp3 zone music as opposed to Classic MIDI ambient music.
****This fix was originally created by Savok. As the links seem dead and I had someone ask me about it, I'm recreating and posting it. All credit for this particular project, however, goes to Savok.
*****This project is credited to several people, not me. Credits included on the page!
RBD, get back on the test server :P
Old 08-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is ways I could potentially work around this without global load, but it's longer and more complicated (many struggled with global load as it is) and it may not even work right. Besides, I have no interests in going against the dev's wishes.
I am fairly certain that this has to do with the dsetup.dll update as it is the only file that was changed capable of it, but I know nothing about editing programming languages after they have already been compiled. Also, I don't want to take the risk of being banned for it. =P
Old 08-07-2015, 06:19 PM
Large Bat

This is really sad, it kills some of my long-term enjoyment of the game because it looks seriously bad in places. I remember when I first played in '99 I thought some of the bucket-looking armor was atrocious or laughable and always hoped they would fix it or add more.

Is there any effort to petition for the ability to load luclin models even if it's manual like this method?
Old 08-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Orc

Welp, its been nice using luclin models and playing with my friend and GF who cant stand the classic :P

I'll still be around. either camping in Rathe mountains or working on my druid.

Gonna need to start looking for an active guild soon too probably. Who needs a 40 necro?
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Fire Giant

just letting you know the velious texture pack is not working it wont save when I add those 2 lines of code to the notepad, no idea how to override.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

Thumbs down

Quote:
Before anyone else asks me, no I cannot circumvent this. And even if I could I wouldn't. I haven't looked at the files as I no longer play here but I am 80% certain the change was specifically to disable this. This patch has been living on borrowed time since I made it, it was going to happen at some point. This is the same method they have had in place to prevent tampering with the spell file for a few years now. There is ways I could potentially work around this without global load, but it's longer and more complicated (many struggled with global load as it is) and it may not even work right. Besides, I have no interests in going against the dev's wishes.

I am not upset, incidentally. I could care less. I play EQ rarely now and P99 not really at all. I just popped in to help when I could with whatever and maintain this. I am pretty busy in real life and this is just one less thing I ever have to bother with again lol.

Maybe one day the devs will make a custom divergent server that goes beyond Luclin like they have talked about, and maybe they will enable the models themselves then. But until then, enjoy winter and have fun in Norrath! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am still calling out that this was a selfish move - we all remember the game in our own way, and luclin models didn't effect anyone else. Some models we're especially bonded to, and some people just use a few models. I was in love with the mage elemental models, for example. They were incredibly badass and were more exciting than any blob. Dark elves looked really cool too with luclin gfx. That was all. No biggie for anyone else. Hell no one would even know you're using it, much like UI customization - IT DOES NOT EFFECT ANYONE ELSE.

Still a bit grumpy about this patch. Might as well restrict to classic resolution, 800x600. How is that any different than disabling luclin models? Or live's spell gfx (my old patch before nerfed like this one)?

You gonna disable "hide helmet" too? Warning: Gamebreaker. -___-
Old 08-23-2015, 05:26 AM
Fire Giant

So are we not aloud to use Luclin graphics now even if someone figures out how? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Peace,

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 08-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Large Bat

Yeah, so our modern interface works. You can still use high-res environment graphics... and oh yes, Luclin Elemental graphics are still available it seems.

But you know. Pure 1999 experience and all that.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphloa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So are we not aloud to use Luclin graphics now even if someone figures out how? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know at least a few people are still using them, regardless. It's out there...
Old 08-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Large Bat

It's a client-side modification, I don't know how it could be bannable if it only effects the game in that very limited, personal aesthetic capacity. The only outside effect that was explained, was that it allowed some races to access rooftops in places they couldn't normally. As long as you don't do that, there's no noticeable effect.