Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-28-2023, 06:47 AM
Aviak

Thumbs up Exhilarated!

I just have to write this. I am a new player to the whole P99 concept and I am just utterly loving it!

In this post I want to give a big thank you to Yukio who helped me on my first proper day in Norrath.

There I was, minding my own business in Queynos when I started reading posts about how fabulous the Butcherblock Mountains were. So, at Level 4, I decided to go there.

I remember from way back that the Karana's were dangerous, but crikey Moses, the adrenalin rush from running through there was incredible. Anyway, I made it and came across Yukio, who I cheekily asked if they could help me get through Highpass (aka Orc Death-trap).

As I'm writing this, I know I'm not fully getting the concept of how hard it is to trek that far but without an in game map I'm flipping open old folders to see where the hell I am! lol.

She casts the invis on me and we set off. It's night. I can barely see a thing, I just have a Fire beetle Eye and everything is shades of dark red. i know to get to the pass you have to climb up some altitude with cliff drops so I'm a bit worried but we make it, zone in and then get a bit lost. Day breaks. At this point I'm concerned about two things. Getting more lost and invis running out, and the fact the Yukio is really being too helpful and I felt it unfair of me to expect any more. Anyway, she leads us through to Kithicor and I remember this zone well from my live days as a halfling Cleric.

It's night again.

We hug the wall and make it to Rivervale for a brief refresh and to bind me. Corpses are everywhere. In an odd way that made me happy as that just means it's an active zone, right?

We leave the comfort of RV and hug the wall to reach the Commonlands.. We make it with only minor snagging on objects. Thankfully!

Only for me to die in the Commonlands by being attacked by.. well, I can't even remember what it was but I bravely nuked it and promptly ended up back RV - ready to make the Kithicor Run... did so, met up with Yukio and made it to Freeport. She bound me there. We said our goodbyes and I thanked her, as it really was a selfless act helping a newbie like me.

I took a walk to the EC tunnels to visit the bazaar..I had never experienced that in the game I played so it was good to see all those players lined up selling stuff. It was even good to see the player corpses at the front!

So I get to BBM on the boat, eventually. I was a bit worried about the route and whether I would recognise BBM docks but I did. the only thing I did wrong there was panic about the boat not docking so I jumped overboard and swam for the shore. I conned an Aqua Goblin and aside from him it was practically deserted.

Seeking a bind I ooc'd. Someone offered me a bind there and then... I thought this was odd and it wasn't a city area... and I didn't want to be impolite so I took the failed bind and thanked them. I was hoping there were on their way to Gfay or something but never mind.

Long story short, I died again and made the journey back from Freeport - still seeking a bind and with only a monk in Gfay I tried to contact Yuiko - who, very graciously, ported over and saved my skin once again. I have to tell you, if you die without a light source and it's night in Gfay, it's black. Pitch black. I was practically blind!

Now back at the docks in BBM, and today, the skellies are going to get it.

This might seem like a lame definition of fun but I really enjoyed the thrill, the adrenaline rush, the making up of my own little quest to get back on track and the whole experience.

It was amazing and I feel so invigorated to be back in Norrath. Thank you to all of those who put this server together and enabled them to do so, and thank you to Yuiko who devoted a large part of her time to helping me out yesterday.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to the server. Alot of great people on green always willing to help. These servers are always fun when starting new, I hope they reroll a new server soon. Even better when you're rolling fresh on a server with everyone else fighting over the same scraps. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2023, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

OPs post reads like something from the Allakhazam comments in 1999-2000 and I love it.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

The sickness has you now friend
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-29-2023, 03:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to fight it. I took a few years off but I caught a whiff and now I'm back. lol!
Old 11-29-2023, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
amen

c u in 4 years when you have 4+ level 60s and are waking up to that 3:35 am batphone for level 46 alt loot