Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm devs have been tweaking (read: nerfing) multiple noob quests used for leveling. If they're doing this much fine detail work this far into the life cycle of the project, it means they're getting ready for new servers.
speculation
Old 08-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm devs have been tweaking (read: nerfing) multiple noob quests used for leveling. If they're doing this much fine detail work this far into the life cycle of the project, it means they're getting ready for new servers.
I love when someone saunters into FOB and offers 3p per stack of bone chips then gets swamped with offers.

I think its the kaladim quest that gives the most XP for those?
Old 08-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love when someone saunters into FOB and offers 3p per stack of bone chips then gets swamped with offers.

I think its the kaladim quest that gives the most XP for those?
A lot of people use bone chips for faction work too though, particularly in cabilis
Old 08-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
speculation
Informed speculation.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to see a new server.. I think the majority of the population would absolutely love a new server. I think this has been proven by polls time and time again.. Every time this comes up, there are a select few players from top guilds with basically unobtainable items that try to throw down the idea of a new server and how it would be negative for the population. It's the elite trying to be selfish. Nothing new.
I'd prefer no new server unless they did a non classic removal of hybrid experience penalty from the start. In classic EQ players didn't know about the penalty so those classes were picked as personal player preference and they weren't shunned from groups because of it. My 2 favorite classes are the knight classes, and though I didn't mind the penalty that much, I grouped with others who did, saying " ...don't want my exp sucked into a black hole".

I am a VERY casual player, my highest is a 52 wizard while my others are 32 and 11; been playing since 2011 and I worked literally years to twink my knights. (Not uber gear but Ro and Darkforge armor (quested), CoS jboots, Sword of the Morning, noc blade, Atramentous shield, Sarnak Battle Shield, sash of the dragonborn etc)

Now I don't mind if they start a fresh green server, hell if that server does eventually have custom content at the end of that velious timeline then that sounds really exciting. But I'd probably stop playing altogether if they wiped this server, but thank goodness they wont.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by korilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i personally ...
I personally am deeply curious (well, ok, shallowly curious) as to whether you are the same dude who used that avatar on Calmdown's Scrapheap Challenge EVE fansite years ago.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't give you an ETA, but I can add some information.

Since Kunark development, we have used a rule-based system when developing content and code. What this means is the work needed to add/remove timeline features only has to be done once, and a rule applied for the era.

For example, when a server is released (original eq launch date: march 1999), rubicite and manastones should drop until ~October 1999. When a new server is launched, all that is necessary is to set the correct era rules. The era switches allow us to apply rules to spawns, loottables, items, spells, doors, tradeskills, etc so they may be enabled/disabled without even a patch.

It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
Wow cool.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has been, and still is the plan to release a timeline correct server a certain amount of time after Velious is complete. Velious still lacks 2 zones; Stonebrunt and Chardok revamp. There are patches between and after those times which need to be developed.
I'll translate!!

"Maybe in a couple years!".
Old 08-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add to nilbogs post, this project is ran entirely on volunteer hours (sorry to state the obvious). Things may not move at an accelerated pace, but they are getting done. After all RL obligations are out of the way, we sit down and spend hundreds of hours dedicated to this game. If you would like to contribute (Dev or CSR), please put in an app and it will be reviewed.
Hey Llandris, my day job is DBA (mysql) and i do a lot of unity dev in my spare time.

I don't use the forums much, but I am curious about the team's current needs and the application process. Could you point me to some docs on the process of submitting an application?
Old 08-06-2016, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

NVM lol
Last edited by zati; 08-06-2016 at 05:50 PM..
Closed Thread