Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Skeleton

Default New Shadow Knight

New to a shadow knight and haven't played EQ in years. any quest I should keep an eye out for or hunting spots as I level. currently level 9 Iksar. also any low level gear recommendations
Old 01-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

I’d try to get a Sword if the Skyfire (like 100p or free from a generous player) and set of banded. That will set you up for a long while. Keep this list handy, should be able to convert the banded into Dreadscale while you hunt in Kunark and pick up the drops:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Dreadscale_Armor

There are other pieces tho which will be on par or better for the price invested. Just a fun list to quest on if your path aligns with it.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Skeleton

Awesome thank you, I will keep an eye out for those items. and save up for it.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:28 PM
Orc

Which weapon type should be focused on primarily for SK? 1HS, 2HS, 1HB, 2HB, or Piercing?
Old 01-21-2020, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which weapon type should be focused on primarily for SK? 1HS, 2HS, 1HB, 2HB, or Piercing?
Take your pick: There are good options available for all weapon classes. Most players probably end up using the best they can obtain/afford. Otherwise pick the type you like the best. If you're on a shoestring budget (100-300P range) you can usually get a better damage ratio on a 2-hand weapon than 1hand for a given price. Sword of Skyfire (10/22) or Nathsar Greatsword (17/30) are common items for lower-level players in the ~100P range but by no means the only options.

Some players prefer to carry weapons from all skill sets so as to keep skills current as they level but I've never felt like that's necessary, especially not on a new character where encumbrance can be an issue (weapons weigh a lot). It's a matter of opinion.

Danth
Old 01-21-2020, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Like Danth said I’d use the best you can get. Will help with solo and by the time you pick up another to train up just group a bit. Like 90% of your aggro is disease cloud, shadow vortex and snare.

A sword of the skyfire will skill up for a Noc blade eventually. A Jade Mace or Mace of the Shadowed Soul for the eventual Ebon Mace. Any 2h that’s close to .75 ratio can hold you over to level 60.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

For leveling stay in Kurns Tower until it greens out. The exp bonus in there is insane.
Closed Thread