Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Perhaps its based on the % of your hp pool that the attack did. An attack for 84 when you're already low on hp would be a larger % than a hit for 88 at full hp. Idk worth a thought
Old 12-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

i always thought it was when a single hit was in the upper percentiles, for instance within 10% of max hit, for instance. I never notice any randomness, it never happens (barring and creature specific sounds) on a low hit and always happens on a 'hard' one.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always thought it was when a single hit was in the upper percentiles, for instance within 10% of max hit, for instance. I never notice any randomness, it never happens (barring and creature specific sounds) on a low hit and always happens on a 'hard' one.
This seems unlikely. I just got hit for 47 and 40 from a 92-max-damage mob and they both did the sound.

I was below half of max hp, still around 400 actual hp.

I'm clueless about this.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's a bone crunching sound and it happens because you didnt hit space bar hard enough on your way to the guards.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
Old 12-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

My best guess atm is 10% of your current HP in one hit.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:39 PM
Aviak

My guess is it's from max hits. Higher level mobs will get a lot more max hits vs. your AC then same level or lower level ones.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess is it's from max hits. Higher level mobs will get a lot more max hits vs. your AC then same level or lower level ones.
You must not have read the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just got hit for 47 and 40 from a 92-max-damage mob and they both did the sound.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

This sound is incredible when playing Rogue. Have that crunching sound after backstabs sometimes. Such a satisfying noise.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sound is incredible when playing Rogue. Have that crunching sound after backstabs sometimes. Such a satisfying noise.
I was going to say to OP, it's not a ripping cloth sound, it's meant to be a crunching sound as if bones were breaking with the blow. And it's a reasonably good one.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was going to say to OP, it's not a ripping cloth sound, it's meant to be a crunching sound as if bones were breaking with the blow. And it's a reasonably good one.
I suppose I've never heard crunching bones. It sounds like ripping cloth. I knew what it was supposed to be though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread