Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Large Bat

Default Where To?

32 cleric, stuck in a rut. Log in to Mistmoore CE, group full, cleric in group, log out. Come back an hour later. Same. Apparently clerics are dime a dozen now. Everything was great when I was in Unrest. I got groups every time I logged in, and could solo as well. Soloing in Mistmoore isn't going to happen. Highkeep is just one small camp, always full and quite boring. Swish's guide suggests soloing Unrest hag room but says it's tricky. This level range seems desolate for me. I love playing cleric but I haven't been able to do anything for a week now. Any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Fire Giant

have you tried forming your own group? That's what i usually end up doing.

do a /who all 30 40 lfg and start sending tells. And if that fails, start sending tells to people who arent lfg flagged. /who 30 40 paladin/shadow/warrior/chanter/etc. If you're able to find one or two people, the rest tend to follow. Especially if you can find a tank or chanter. "hey man, cleric and tank forming a group and need some dps if you're interested". Most people will stop what they're doing and join if you have a solid makeup started.

And don't feel bad about sending tells to people. No one i've asked has ever been hostile about being bothered. Usually the negative response it "oh man I would but I'm logging soon"
Old 08-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Banned

/who all enchanter 30-38 (or whatever level range you're comfortable with....a much higher level enc will still yield good XP for you in a duo and they'll have more location / charm options...I've duo'd with level 50 clerics as a 60 enchanter and they say its still really good xp)

/t enchanterX hi friend! want to duo?

Go wherever they feel comfortable charming in a duo.

If you have a good time, add enchanter to friends list. Play with him/her again as you both level.

Rinse, wash, repeat. Once you hit 39 and get CH, this duo becomes trivial as you can CH a weaponized / hasted enc pet for far more efficiency than even a well-geared tank.

This is the fastest possible way to 60 for you.
Last edited by kjs86z; 08-02-2019 at 10:57 AM..
Old 08-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/who all enchanter 30-38 (or whatever level range you're comfortable with....a much higher level enc will still yield good XP for you in a duo and they'll have more location / charm options)

/t enchanterX hi friend! want to duo?

If you have a good time, add enchanter to friends list. Play with him/her again as you both level.

Rinse, wash, repeat.

This is the fastest possible way to 60 for you.
Normally I steer people towards the http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide, but honestly it only has three spots for cleric soloing (I need to add everything from Swish's excellent guide to it one of these days).

But kjs86z really hit the nail on the head: for clerics duos can be some really good XP, and it's usually not hard to find someone (usually an Enchanter, but other duos are possible) to partner up with.

Soloing as a cleric is doable, it's just sub-optimal (IIRC the whole reason Swish wrote that guide was that he was leveling a cleric up on Red, where it was often just flat out impossible to find groups or even duos because of the lack of players).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Doesn't sound like this fellow wants to solo. Sounds like he wants to mostly group and occasionally solo if needed.

If I'm wrong just stay in Unrest. Hag tower or basement are both good options for a Cleric there. Groups will sometimes happen in basement too so it could work for that, although it's not the hottest xp spot for those levels.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Orc

You can easily stay in unrest until 40.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Sort of same position here as 33 rogue. Was planning on staying until 40 then head to CoM, but group openings are hit or miss. Any suggestions? Soloing isn't much of an option for my class.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:25 AM
Large Bat

Thanks for the advice, all! I prefer to group, but with my limited playtime I often can't commit to being on 2+ hours at a time, so I need somewhere to solo as well. I guess I got spoiled when it comes to making groups because it was so easy to get one previously. So in summary, I will look for enchanters to duo with and try out soloing in Unrest.
Closed Thread