Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Orc

Default I'd like more UI options...

As a classic player, I played on the oldest UI. Complete with vanity mirror and bookintheface.

Eventually they went from opt in for the new ui to requiring it. So I was dragged kicking and screaming into using the modern EQ live UI.

But this also means I was never exposed to the velious ui... now it's completely mandatory and I don't like it. Maybe you guys do, but I have no nostalgia associated with this mess of an interface. It's jank as fuck, you cant read menu options well when customizing your key binds, modifying opacity acts weird, the spell book meditate button doesn't remember its last position, it's just an absolute mess.

I'd prefer either allowing full use of the modern UI used on blue and turn the forced UI into an opt-in feature (probably easier) or manufacturing a UI that closely emulates that classic ui experience (probably harder to execute).

Again... if I can't have nostalgia, I'd like to have function. If I can't have function I'd like to have nostalgia. I'm currently getting neither and it's a major buzzkill.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Aviak

How many “I really like blue and think the new server should function like blue but don’t want to play there” posts are we going to have?
Old 11-02-2019, 03:11 PM
Kobold

im just surprised by how many people think the devs had the option of making mandatory marble but chose to just "nah, lets go with velious instead because we like it more"

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 11-03-2019, 01:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by port9001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many “I really like blue and think the new server should function like blue but don’t want to play there” posts are we going to have?
It's not about mimicking blue functionality, it's about getting the classic experience. Which is what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im just surprised by how many people think the devs had the option of making mandatory marble but chose to just "nah, lets go with velious instead because we like it more"
In a sense, that is precisely what they did. Yes, they can't actually access the official marble, but this UI is also not the official velious. I'm here for nostalgia, and this UI isn't providing that. It would have been equally easy to develop a UI designed to look marble, and then given us 2 options. Or allow us to develop our own UI. Then we can just use our own custom marble-themed UIs.

My point is simply that if we can't get that classic feel, we should at least get the modern function. If we can't get that modern function, then we should get that classic feel. Instead we get this half baked.... thing. It's the weirdest, most unnecessary compromise that could've been taken.
Closed Thread