Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Official Dark Age of Camelot Servers Now F2P

The dark age of mandatory subscriptions is almost over for one of the industry’s most famous PvP MMORPGs.

Dark Age of Camelot announced that its free-to-play edition, named “Endless Conquest,” should be coming to the game soon without much of a stop on the test server. The target window? Endless Conquest should be coming out to both servers in the latter half of October.

While free accounts can’t use housing, champion level abilities, and are limited to nine of the 21 races, Broadsword said that players should find the restrictions not too limiting considering what’s being made available for all.

“EC accounts will be able to earn max character level and realm rank, Champion and Master Levels, all end-game gear, and so much more,” the studio posted.

https://darkageofcamelot.com/content...s-conquest-faq
Old 11-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Kobold

I'm actually kinda astonished that DAOC hasn't had a free-to-play option until now. That's kind of incredible to me. How long ago did EQ go f2p?

Also, you can earn "Champion Levels" but not "Champion Level Abilities"? I haven't played retail DAOC in a very long time so I have no idea what that stuff is, but it's gotta be a bit confusing for new players.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

is the live version of current DAoC pretty good? is it spoiled with bad cats on the moon type additions?
Old 11-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Banned

hard pass
Old 11-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the live version of current DAoC pretty good? is it spoiled with bad cats on the moon type additions?
From what I understand its better than the F2P Private servers like Phoenix, because all the scripting, quests and PVE side of things works 100% so I would say yes.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC had its Luclin/PoP moment too - Trials of Atlantis. A giant time-sink of grindy PvE content in a PvP-focussed game, that players needed to do in order to be competitive in PvP. Live servers have this expansion, I don't think any free shards do.

Live also has a lot of botting (and worse now with F2P I'm guessing), I think at least one or maybe both of the major free shards don't allow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unslaved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I understand its better than the F2P Private servers like Phoenix, because all the scripting, quests and PVE side of things works 100% so I would say yes.
If you're looking for PvE content, then DAOC is probably not your best option. You play for the World PvP.

I'd play free shard.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC had its Luclin/PoP moment too - Trials of Atlantis. A giant time-sink of grindy PvE content in a PvP-focussed game, that players needed to do in order to be competitive in PvP. Live servers have this expansion, I don't think any free shards do.

Live also has a lot of botting (and worse now with F2P I'm guessing), I think at least one or maybe both of the major free shards don't allow it.
They removed the Trials of Atlantis requirements from all the things ive read everything has been completely revamped!
So this isnt just a F2P model of the game they've also adjusted alot of things according to player feedback.
Last edited by Unslaved; 11-14-2019 at 10:52 AM..
Old 11-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

i'll probably try this out, i always liked DAoC. will report.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

I wish I could access my stable of 50s from Palomides. I was a hero back then and I paid my monthly fee. Now to start again as some F2P scrub? Nah.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:22 PM
VIP / Contributor

I prefer Warhammer Online (which has a great private server, Return of Reckoning), and the class/content restrictions are just too rough for me to enjoy DAOC.

You can only make these characters on new accounts:
Quote:
Albion:
Cleric
Friar
Paladin
Sorcerer
Mercenary
Midgard:
Shaman
Healer
Valkyrie
Runemaster
Berserker
Hibernia:
Druid
Warden
Bard
Mentalist
Blademaster
You can't do tradeskills and you'll have lots of chat restrictions. Kinda sucks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Closed Thread