Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 12:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default To the level 40 I ported last night with no tip..

I am a member of DAP, and I provide transportation services all across Norrath. I always try to provide quick expedient ports with as little downtime as possible. Last night I was once again providing ports, and a level 40 asked me for a ride to WC. After porting and sowing the individual, they ran off and provided no compensation or even a thank you. If this was a lower level or new player, I would completely understand and it wouldn’t bother me at all. Even if the player offered a thanks and said they had no money, I would be okay with that. However, there was no thank you for your time or not even 1 cp of compensation.

Please understand that ports cost both mana and time.. Time sent for porting you across Norrath, as well as time spent medding to regain mana. I will gladly port anyone, even if they have little to no money. I port for CR’s all the time. But for a high level player who was not on a CR, this was not the case. 98% of players on Green are understanding and generous. Some players have even been very generous with their tips. While I do not ever expect 50plat per port, I do expect that my services are compensated in some form or at least acknowledged by the other party. To this individual. Please do not ask me for a port again, as you will not be getting one.
Last edited by joshuarmccorkle; 01-05-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Id be more pissed about the radio silence. That was ultra rare on my DAP character
Old 01-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

As a DAP member on Blue, your rant is inappropriate and does not follow the mission or rules of DAP. You are not permitted to set a minimum tip. You are also not permitted to rant about lack of tip on a public forum. You're welcome to rant in DAP guild chat instead.

Also, my apologies to those who utilize DAP services. This locker room talk should be contained within the guild.
Last edited by Meiva; 01-05-2020 at 01:05 PM..
Old 01-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Check your logs and make sure you didn't miss a /split "Soandso shares money with the group". I do this to tip porters and they don't always see it, so I confirm they saw the split before disbanding.

-Mcoy
Old 01-05-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Check your logs and make sure you didn't miss a /split "Soandso shares money with the group". I do this to tip porters and they don't always see it, so I confirm they saw the split before disbanding.

-Mcoy
^^^ especially if they zone faster than you! If not name and shame.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I know what you are referring to about that split. There was none of that. I don’t want to shame anyone on the board so I will refrain from that.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Don't press the port button before receiving payment if this bothers you so much. Add this dude to ignore and move on, its going to be the exception not a common occurrence.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a DAP member on Blue, your rant is inappropriate and does not follow the mission or rules of DAP. You are not permitted to set a minimum tip. You are also not permitted to rant about lack of tip on a public forum. You're welcome to rant in DAP guild chat instead.

Also, my apologies to those who utilize DAP services. This locker room talk should be contained within the guild.
What kind of nazi police state is DAP running? You guys can't even express a little frustration over a clearly annoying situation, as an example for the rest of the community on how not to treat you guys?

OP, you were 100% justified to express yourself while not name shaming or launching into anything personal.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

No they don't want bitching happening as the public face of their service. There's enough people who are irrationally resentful of DaP already, if every short tempered member in the guild was allowed to rage about getting stiffed on the forums they'd quickly have a terrible image. The majority aren't like this but they still get members like OP who goes off about getting stiffed, instead of shrugging it off professionally and keeping the reaction internal as per guild rules.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Kobold

There were a couple of times I forgot to tip on blue. I felt terrible after. Not saying that is what happened, as there are those out there to get what they can. So what I would do is note his name, see if he does it again. Or simply send him a tel and see what he says. He will either shrug it off or be very sorry.

On the other side on my porter on blue, this happened, but rarely. A handful of times they would send me a tel saying "Oh no i'm late for a raid totally forgot..!" And a couple did catch up with me later.

Hopefully this is what happened, as I'd like to think people would not want to have a mark on their reputation. It's a small server, and things do get around.

God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth.
Closed Thread