Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Asking someone to leave the group over gear when said person is in level-appropriate gear usually means one of two things: A) the group in question wanted to make room for some other friend of theirs and were too chicken to say so, or B) they're looking for overgeared people to carry them so they can be lazier. More rarely it may also be a case of wanton stupidity manifesting itself but if I were taking bets I'd bet on "A" in this case.

Danth
Old 11-09-2019, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was a gnome warrior

Even with his moderately better gear you probably could have out-tanked him.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

If you showed up in cloth and patchwork, maybe. But a full suit of banded in the low 20's is just fine. Scratching my head at this one. This is where pvp is supposed to come in, you attack and kill jerks.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Aviak

Ive done this a few times, its one of the only ways to make someone your bitch on green/teal. Just look for someome un-anon 30 minutes away from you and invite him to a bomb ass group then tell him to beat it, lol, makes me laugh everytime.

Palemoon is pretty stupud, if therr was PvP id invite you over then kill you. Ive done this a ton of times on red. Id even offer a port just to leave you dead in hate. And no, if your a whiny enough bitch to cry about it on the forums, you would NEVER be able to kill me.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive done this a few times, its one of the only ways to make someone your bitch on green/teal. Just look for someome un-anon 30 minutes away from you and invite him to a bomb ass group then tell him to beat it, lol, makes me laugh everytime.

Palemoon is pretty stupud, if therr was PvP id invite you over then kill you. Ive done this a ton of times on red. Id even offer a port just to leave you dead in hate. And no, if your a whiny enough bitch to cry about it on the forums, you would NEVER be able to kill me.
You sound so cool. Tell us all your character names.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a 22 warrior and was invited by a 23 warrior to join his group at FP in unrest. I have a full suit of banded, a few low level magic items and a shiny brass halberd as my main weapon at this point.

I get there and he inspects me then tells me I don't have the gear and I would be of no use to the group.

I am wondering what gear I should have at this level and at this stage on the Green server?

Thank you.
What a jerk. This is classic EQ. It is us vs. the world. We should be helping each other get stronger. We don't spawn with a class set armor and starter weapon, everyone is rags to riches. What a jerk that guy decided to behave like.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

big yikes
Old 11-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I took your advice and added him to ignore.
Quote:
I don't remember the guy's name.
Something doesn't add up...
Old 11-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Orc

I was in that group, knew nothing of this situation till afterward though. We had just lost our 30SK main tank to wife aggro. Im guessing gear was an excuse for realizing he fucked up in telling you to come in the first place...without the sk we suffered and fell apart soon after
Old 11-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something doesn't add up...
Haha I noticed this too.

Btw hey buddy, idk if you remember me. 60 rogue on blue. I remember your excellent bardness though.

Playing on Green?
Closed Thread