Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 10:13 PM
Orc

I love you man. You’re like the literal embodiment of everything that is unhealthy about MMOs.

And I respect you for your consistency in that.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

The list sucks.

I've done Jboots on Green, Blue, and Red, and the only thing I learned from the experience is that it is the fucking roulette equivalent for EQ.

I have no idea how it works for anyone with a life, people way smarter than me insist it isn't a fucking retarded waste of time, and there are only ever a few people "playing" while everyone else is standing around doing nothing but watching.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I love you man. You’re like the literal embodiment of everything that is unhealthy about MMOs.

And I respect you for your consistency in that.
FWIW, I never camped, owned, bought or sold FBSS, SSoY, Djarns Ring or GEBs on any toon on Teal/Green ever. I camped 1 EB earring, 1 GBS (more knowledge and patience over time than long hours), /listed a few jboots. Had to go in on Manastone though - great hour-per-plat investment. For Manastone, I made friends. People assume the dude camping Manastone is some druggy on caffeine. It's mostly groups of friends/guilds.

Oh, and I've only socked a few dragons. I just recognize EQ for what it is man. I'm just clearheaded and accept the Norrathian reality as it is. But if people wanna put a persona on me that I'm a neckbeard just because I have a somewhat extreme personality and a predilection toward discussing game mechanics in detail.... *shrug*

EQ is my hobby. It's where I spend my free time working on different, interesting projects (see my signature.) The one I am working on now is quite interesting, and I look forward to sharing it with you and putting a smile on your face, like it has on mine.

I have a wife, own my business, and do a lot of work from home (way before COVID.) Lifestyle helps. Students can get all their studies done, nail their exams, and play hookie on some classes if they want. They can get straight A's and still manage to go hardcore in a game like EQ. They aren't without commitments, they just have a different lifestyle.

If you have a 9-5 job, a wife, and kids, it'll be tough to do things like a /list camp - but I met people in that situation that did because *drum roll* they made friends.

The people saying account sharing is for neckbeards and it locks out casuals are simply the casuals who have yet to find friends to share with. Take away account sharing on /list and you will have only hardcore neckbeards - I'd be off that /list as well.

Quote:
I have no idea how it works for anyone with a life, people way smarter than me insist it isn't a fucking retarded waste of time, and there are only ever a few people "playing" while everyone else is standing around doing nothing but watching.
It's like democracy. Worst system except for the rest. /list is best because all the alternatives are worse.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 09-29-2020 at 12:03 AM..
Old 09-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW, I never camped, owned, bought or sold FBSS, SSoY, Djarns Ring or GEBs on any toon on Teal/Green ever. I camped 1 EB earring, 1 GBS (more knowledge and patience over time than long hours), /listed a few jboots. Had to go in on Manastone though - great hour-per-plat investment. For Manastone, I made friends. People assume the dude camping Manastone is some druggy on caffeine. It's mostly groups of friends/guilds.
So you never did Efreeti or Ghoul Lord (relatively difficult camps) but you did camp Fishbone Earring, GBS, Jboots (multiple times) and Manastone (camps that are flat out time sinks).

This is your claim to not being a neckbeard? Yeah, I think I'm gonna let the jury be out on this one.

EDIT: But I mean, as long as you're having fun doing this, more power to ya. I understand that you want to protect a system that nurtures someone of your character.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Oooo looks like I gotta make a retraction. I have solo'd Ghoul Lord camp because camp was open and I was camping neg MR rings. Did a few rounds. Done Efreeti many times before Green. I didn't skip these camps because difficulty - just no interest in the items themselves and can make money more efficiently elsewhere.

I was the first person to solo Priest of Discord on Green. With 32,000 hp, Cheal, and decent resists, I'd say it was a fun go. Thread on that in my signature. Much more difficult mob than Efreeti or Lord.

As you can see from my sig, I'm not super interested in doing the same rodeo this time around. Camping a Manastone was necessary to fund some of my more interesting pending projects. Stay tuned.

Ahhhh I see now, you're the same goober who said

Quote:
Yeah GL with that 200k sale. Looking at auction tracker you can see the same few sellers unable to sell their manastones and some in blind optimism asking 200k.
As Manastones are now reaching 200k... Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google
Neckbeard
a man who is socially inept and physically unappealing, especially one who has an obsessive interest in computing.
Guess it has nothing to do with camping legacy items [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2020, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As Manastones are now reaching 200k... Excellent.
You mean back when you (supposely) sold your for at best 170k?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=366513&page=5

Yeah you got me there.

Oh and I’ve yet to hear of anyone actually paying 200k. I see them still go for around 150k.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

I sold that Manastone from the auction.

Even now Mauvin offering to buy at 175k (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=368551) Since you think that's overpriced, if you had one (and I'm guessing you don't) you could go make some big money (by your own standard). Prices are rising. Don't worry mate, I'll one of my manastones for 200k+
Old 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Oh, and I've only socked a few dragons. I just recognize EQ for what it is man. I'm just clearheaded and accept the Norrathian reality as it is. But if people wanna put a persona on me that I'm a neckbeard just because I have a somewhat extreme personality and a predilection toward discussing game mechanics in detail.... *shrug*

EQ is my hobby. It's where I spend my free time working on different, interesting projects (see my signature.) The one I am working on now is quite interesting, and I look forward to sharing it with you and putting a smile on your face, like it has on mine.

I have a wife, own my business, and do a lot of work from home (way before COVID.) Lifestyle helps. Students can get all their studies done, nail their exams, and play hookie on some classes if they want. They can get straight A's and still manage to go hardcore in a game like EQ. They aren't without commitments, they just have a different lifestyle.

If you have a 9-5 job, a wife, and kids, it'll be tough to do things like a /list camp - but I met people in that situation that did because *drum roll* they made friends.

The people saying account sharing is for neckbeards and it locks out casuals are simply the casuals who have yet to find friends to share with. Take away account sharing on /list and you will have only hardcore neckbeards - I'd be off that /list as well.

It's like democracy. Worst system except for the rest. /list is best because all the alternatives are worse.
Well said about not needing to be a neck beard and being successful in life. I too got my manastone because of a group of friends playing together. Team Manastone was the first group to kill the EE and get the first manastone (all but our necro ended up with one). All of us have families, kids (except for the younger sons playing) and successful careers.

We had a great time meeting up one night a week for over 6 months before green launch learning strategies, doing quest testing and just testing testing testing.
Old 10-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Have done the list several times since AC started popping. The Kingdom list is better than whoever is lead trying to manage a hand typed list of 70+ people (it was bad enough when it was at 30+ the first couple run throughs). You can go off and work on other things as long as you keep an eye on the website. Easy enough a caveman could do it.
Discord:Boommaster/Tinkermaster#9869
Closed Thread