Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Default HBO's Rome: Still a wistful fan 6 years later.

HBO's Rome is probably my favorite show of all time, even 6 years after it ended. Anyone else a fan? I was feeling a bit sad today (looking through some youtube clips) that they only made 2 seasons because the show was just awesome. I was pissed off at HBO for canceling it, but I forgave them a little when they made Game of Thrones.

Here are some of my favorite scenes. There is plenty of violence, gore, and bad language in this show, so NSFW or around kids if you click the links, but it just wouldn't be Rome without it.

Pullo in the arena after being condemned for murder.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBCqAU4HB5o

A naughty slave gets her punishment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiT9HJUgZAc

Atia of the Julii: Queen bitch of Rome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLWB9HJK5M

For a couple of years there was talk of a feature film, but I am kinda glad they didn't because they couldn't have done it justice.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

I might be thinking of sparta or sparticus or just way off but is that the show that had a ton of cgi nonsense in it?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might be thinking of sparta or sparticus or just way off but is that the show that had a ton of cgi nonsense in it?
I think that was Spartacus. I watched Spartacus too, but Rome is superior in many ways. The storyline, the relationships, the characters, the set.. everything done way better on Rome, imo. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HBO's Rome is probably my favorite show of all time, even 6 years after it ended. Anyone else a fan? I was feeling a bit sad today (looking through some youtube clips) that they only made 2 seasons because the show was just awesome. I was pissed off at HBO for canceling it, but I forgave them a little when they made Game of Thrones.

Here are some of my favorite scenes. There is plenty of violence, gore, and bad language in this show, so NSFW or around kids if you click the links, but it just wouldn't be Rome without it.
Rome was a great show I really liked it. In general, most HBO shows are really good, but I talked to some people and they didn't think Rome was great. Personally, it is one of my favorite shows. I think the second season suffered a little because they were forced to end it so fast. I wish they had been able to do more seasons.

My favorite character was Antony, and my favorite scene was when Titus and Lucious were stranded on the island from a boat wreck in season 1 (can't find video). Second favorite was when old octavian told the girl he would sometimes hit her to sexually gratify himself. Worst part of the series was the crazy difference in appearance between both octavians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong show, plebian. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rome was a great show I really liked it. In general, most HBO shows are really good, but I talked to some people and they didn't think Rome was great. Personally, it is one of my favorite shows. I think the second season suffered a little because they were forced to end it so fast. I wish they had been able to do more seasons.

My favorite character was Antony, and my favorite scene was when Titus and Lucious were stranded on the island from a boat wreck in season 1 (can't find video). Second favorite was when old octavian told the girl he would sometimes hit her to sexually gratify himself. Worst part of the series was the crazy difference in appearance between both octavians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMGmbbx37A
Yes, I loved Antony. James Purefoy did an excellent job, he made me laugh a lot. Him and Pullo both did. I laughed my ass off in season 1 when Vorenus and Pullo were in the Egyptian desert waiting around all hot and sweaty to follow the guys who would lead them to Cleopatra. Pullo said something like, "It's hotter than Vulcan's dick out here." Lol
Old 09-27-2013, 02:13 AM
VIP / Contributor

named my dog after Pullo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-27-2013, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
named my dog after Pullo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will pretend to be a Roman Centurion for you if you ban Nizzar!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good choice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong show, plebian. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ha good, I watched like the first 10 minutes of a spartacus episode and was done, really bad cgi, TONS of it, and i remember them saying "cunt" like every 4th word...was just a gorey cgi swearfest.

maybe ill check out rome, need to get got s3 first though

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread