Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know how pressuring Chinese leaders with the usual social justice tactics(metoo etc...) doesn’t work like it does in the west?

Ask the question, whose tactics are these?

This is the establishment west’s way to take a bite out of an eastern empire that doesn’t fall victim to usual tactics. This might be the first you hear of it but the CIA has a history of doing this exact thing in many different, mostly smaller counties. They create protests that turn into riots in countries where they want to destabilize and put their own rulers who will do good business with western elites.

They attach buzz words to these protests to try and recruit the public and utilize public image. Freedom, democracy, oppressed, capitalism. All buzz words for you to consume.

As odd as it sounds l think if you consider yourself anti establishment in the west you should probably ally yourself with the Chinese government right now. I suspect we have a major common enemy here.
I like the cut of your jib
Old 10-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

How dare people sign contracts then violate those contracts and take responsibility for their actions.

Total anarchy!
Old 10-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

That moment OP realizes china pays millions of dollars in subscriptions per month
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That moment OP realizes china pays millions of dollars in subscriptions per month
Obviously I realize that. Obviously US corporations have to be sensitive to the concerns of other countries, and there's a balancing act inherent there.

But also (and this seems obvious to me), American corporations, staffed by American citizens, should be able to do that without sacrificing core American values ... which really are human values, held by all modern nations (for a certain definition of that word at least).

To take an extreme example, if you go do business in Saudi Arabia, it doesn't matter what the Saudi government does or doesn't allow: it's not ok for you, or your employees, to rape, torture, or murder people. Capitalism does not "trump" everything else.

Plus, as a side note, Blizzard even violated their own core Blizzard values, and one of their employees amusingly pointed the fact out today:

Quote:
Not everyone at Blizzard agrees with what happened.

Both the "Think Globally" and "Every Voice Matters" values have been covered up by incensed employees this morning.
https://kotaku.com/blizzards-company...day-1838891183

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-09-2019 at 01:15 PM..
Old 10-09-2019, 01:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it better if corporate interests defeat the state? Why?
*BIG siP*
Old 10-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis
Don't overlook the role of the mainstream media either, it seems crazy to me that in the USA it's seen as brave and inspiring to protest against the US flag/national anthem, but stupid/far-right to protest against China's brutal crackdown in Hong Kong, or their concentration camps for Uighur Muslims.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
As odd as it sounds l think if you consider yourself anti establishment in the west you should probably ally yourself with the Chinese government right now. I suspect we have a major common enemy here.
What is this we? You aren't remotely anti-establishment, but at least you're finally admitting you're a boot-licking fascist sympathizer.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

honestly thinking this is something everyone can rally around except for the ancaps and tankies
Old 10-09-2019, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

no matter if you are a pro single payer bernie bro or a super conservative person this move is pretty heinous and fuck china
Old 10-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Banned

So how many of you people talking about evil China and humans rights violations have anything to say when Israel brutalizes Palestinians?

What if the message was “free Palestine” instead of “autonomous Hong Kong”? Is Adam Silver still a self professed champion of every type of view point and free speech? Something tells me the Adam Silver and Hillary Clinton types will suddenly have limits for people crying for freedom.

Same thing with South Park. Bunch of cowards that have fake controversial takes at best. They don’t do anything really daring.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So how many of you people talking about evil China and humans rights violations have anything to say when Israel brutalizes Palestinians?
Not me. I sell bulldozers and tear gas. Those mangled crying "Palestinians" sent my kids to college!
Closed Thread