Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Fire Giant

Talking Witchcraft! Do you believe in it?

For curiositys sake, as most of you are to me quite "americanized" , what is your personal take on Witchcraft?

Down here it is pretty common, and specially in my country Venezuela, where we have several native religions heavily based on Orisha and Nature Spirits Like Maria Lionza.

See some of these videos>

https://youtu.be/Kpcc4D9e3BY A typical ritual, warning its ... bloody.

https://youtu.be/jL7ialG-QMI ---- Doctors out witches are in in Venezuela

For me, as a mind health and wellness practitioner it has been part of my training to know about these things as well, if I get to see a client that has these beliefs I must be aware of the common practices and the types of "curses" and "hexes" and "favors" and treat them according to them.

A lot of Venezuelans go to Sorte Mountain, a sacred place where people go to die , pray, get possessed by spirits or get rid of them. People disappear, get killed or mugged in there, and it is recommended you go there in groups.

I went there several types as the local Folklore is quite rich and colourful, but usually when talking to people from other countries they have a wide variety of reactions.

So decided to cast the net here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My informal training goes into reading tobacco as well plus cards and many other things for fun and empirical knowledge as my country has a strong tendency to magical beliefs and well I worked in a Psychiatric hospital, which further encouraged me to dig deeper into the vast web of beliefs in my country.

To top it off, we have a lot of native population, each of them with their gods, spirits and belief systems, from the Mohanes of the west on the Colombian Border to the Piaches of the West near the Brazilian Borders and a plethora of magical practitioners in the middle.

Find it always a good topic of discussion, so wanted to see what other people think about it or their experiences with it.

When I was in Dominican Republic a couple years ago I was invited to see some nice rituals near the Haiti Border, and was quite thrilled to find a lot of Europeans and Americans in there, just like when I found them in Venezuela, so I know a lot of you guys are into it as well haha.

Some of the most prominent patrons usually end up being foreigners, so always curious about it.

A super big hug from the Isthmus my friends!
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-06-2019, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

I'm married to Calypso herselph.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:10 AM
Fire Giant

WITCHCRAFT WHERE?
Old 12-06-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

The Bible
Old 12-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Bible
Edgy
Old 12-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Banned

I’ve spent a lot of my life with advanced spiritual pursuits, meditation, the occult etc and have taught many people. I’m qualified to lead discussions on these topics. I’ve always appreciated the shamanism path the most and their collection of techniques. I’ve seen female shaman referred to as witches plenty of times.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve spent a lot of my life with advanced spiritual pursuits, meditation, the occult etc and have taught many people. I’m qualified to lead discussions on these topics. I’ve always appreciated the shamanism path the most and their collection of techniques. I’ve seen female shaman referred to as witches plenty of times.
You have tutored people on the occult? Qualified to lead discussions on the occult?

What just happened..
Old 12-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

I bet witches fuck your brains out.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:08 AM
Banned

makeup is the most common type of magic
Old 12-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have tutored people on the occult? Qualified to lead discussions on the occult?

What just happened..
Feel free to test me.

Shamanism is high voltage. It's a series of techniques that tugs on incredible forces that are behind the veil.

Consider this. I've probably done this rant somewhere here before but, string theory says that reality is made up of tons of intersecting strings that make up reality. Most are not perceivable to the human mind but they are there none the less. There's a whole world of things happening around you every moment, tugging on you, that you are unaware of. Advanced occult meditation teaches one how to deal with these forces and perhaps one day manipulate them.

Shamans main technique is the power of the trance. They utilize all sorts of techniques to induce a state where they are in a trance and they can gain information from there. They utilize repetitive singing, dance, other movements, drugs, rituals and my favorite, intense breathing exercises which I'm one of the best at. Spinal bhastrika is a great breathing/trance technique.
Last edited by Teppler; 12-06-2019 at 11:14 AM..
Closed Thread