Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Banned

Was it Sony who dropped the hammer or Verant or 989 Studios? Because I'm curious which one it was.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was it Sony who dropped the hammer or Verant or 989 Studios? Because I'm curious which one it was.
I could google it. Don't answer.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verant/989Studios/SoE were all the same thing. Verant was basically a temporary studio that 989 Studios created as a failsafe if Everquest failed at launch in terms of critical reception and sales expectations so that it didn't tarnish their reputation (they didn't have much to begin with, Twisted Metal 3 was shit). Eventually they just morphed into SoE by the time Verant split from 989 Studios. In others Verant/SoE did.

And As stated in prior posts in this thread, Mcquaid and Smedley were both heavy Christians, on top of this, they had no idea how to deal with this incident. Honestly they should've done nothing. Verant/SoE had a horrible reputation building up for them in the industry and going after people's personal lives or whatever as an excuse to banish them from your game was a shitty move. As long as that person isn't being some creepy fuck ingame, then who cares.
Closed Thread