Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog's goal is to recreate a museum quality replica of classic eq since it does not exist anywhere else and has said he would strive for it even if no one played here.
That is completely not true, as he allows many non classic things in P99, and has openly admitted to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You choose to donate of your own free will and it entitles you to nothing extra.
Actually you are wrong. A US donor can implicitly dictate where their charitable donation is allocated, unless the entity seeking charity does the following:

1. Explicitly notes how their donations are handled.
2. Provide the public with records of their income and expense transactions. Neither of which P99 has not done.

Quote:
Your donation pays for server maintence not dev/CSR time.
See above. Without public records of their transactions from their donations, you cannot make that statement.

That said, if they are taking donations from the community, the community (at least the US community) as a whole does have a say as to where their donations are spent.
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 08-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Lol I didn't read any of that trash.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiewon Shu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is completely not true, as he allows many non classic things in P99, and has openly admitted to it.
And Luclin models are no longer one of those. Other changes are easily reversed and were implemented to fix the raid scene and/or reduce the amount of policing required by GMs.

Quote:
Actually you are wrong. A US donor can implicitly dictate where their charitable donation is allocated, unless the entity seeking charity does the following:

1. Explicitly notes how their donations are handled.
2. Provide the public with records of their income and expense transactions. Neither of which P99 has not done.
Please do tell us where P99 is established as a charitable organization. Do you try to deduct your charitable donation from your income taxes?

Can you show us a screen cap of your Paypal donation with the note: "For Luclin Models only."

Quote:
See above. Without public records of their transactions from their donations, you cannot make that statement.

That said, if they are taking donations from the community, the community (at least the US community) as a whole does have a say as to where their donations are spent.
The owners of the server have publicly stated as much in the past that donations goes to server maintenance/bandwidth.

You aren't going to win this argument and suddenly get Luclin models restored. Just stop and find a game that makes you happy.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

If you're upset about this change because you care about graphic resolution in your video games, you might not belong here.

If you're upset about this change because you came to EQ later than Velious and you see Luclin models as the normal EQ models, you probably don't belong here.

If you're upset about this change because you were pleased when Luclin ruined the majesty of the classic EQ models, you definitely don't belong here.

This server is for people who share Nilbog's dream and vision of reliving old school EQ. Some of us really appreciate all he does to make things like they were. It's not perfect, but he's trying and doing a damn fine job. It's not perfect, but it's the best attempt that's been made and the best choice among EMU servers.

If you don't share Nilbog's vision, then this server is not for you. You may play on it and feel like all the time you've invested gives you some sort of right to make demands and whine and complain, but it doesn't.

If you don't like it, leave. You will not be missed.
Last edited by Synthlol; 08-02-2015 at 11:26 AM..
Old 08-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

If I ever have to play in 1st person im out
Old 08-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

You've ruined your own models, you won't ruin ours, Luclin!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiewon Shu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are going to add custom content later in the "spirit of EQ," how is that classic?
"Classic" isn't simply classic.

"Classic" can mean classic mechanics and/or classic experience.

Even if the server were a 100% perfect recreation of the mechanics and features present back in the day (i.e. classic mechanics), the server wouldn't have a truly classic experience because the playerbase is so much different now.

On the other hand, assuming it is somehow possible to recreate the exact feelings we all had playing EQ for the first time (i.e. classic experience), the only way to do that would be with a ton of mechanics and features that did NOT exist back in the day, which would leave us learning anew how the game works and what the zones look like and stuff.

Adding custom content can be "classic" by using mechanics that are reminiscent of those in old EQ, but that aren't actually from old EQ, which help recreate the feelings we all had when experiencing EQ for the first time back in the day.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever have to play in 1st person im out
You can always switch to 3rd person with F9 and constantly fiddle with the camera to keep the angle correct!
Old 08-02-2015, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

As the person who initially made the patch that all of this is about, you're all acting like children. both parties.

Oh wahhh someone likes something i don't like! Rape and murder them and eat their organs they deserve it!

Oh wahhh the devs, who have every right to do so, removed a feature that was unofficial to begin with and doesn't meet up with the direction the server is intended to head! They are Nazis and Satan incarnate and should be destroyed!

Grow the fuck up. All of you. It's done, it's over. They aren't coming back. If you don't like the game without Luclin models, leave. There is a Live game still and tons of emu servers that have the model enabled. You can also just play without them. If you don't like the Luclin models, cool we get it, you're the P99 cool kid, you're like the people that smoke weed and don't shut up about it. You 'won' drop it and move on.

For what it's worth, I made the patch because i saw people asking for it and it was simple enough to figure out and put together. I interpreted Nilbog's replies to requests for the models as "I will not spend any time making them as they aren't Classic, but if someone else does, I don't care". The fact no dev ever approached me after it was posted, it wasn't (until now obviously) patched to disable them, and I wasn't even banned, enforced my interpretation of his replies. I was also never addressed about exploits. 90% of them are on Red it seems. I have always thought EQ PvP was dog shit. I can see why someone would like it but it doesn't interest me in EQ's format. So I never encountered the exploits myself. Had someone told me, I'd have taken the patch down.

For those crying that they patched them, stop. It's childish. This is their server, it's free to most of you (and donators do so on their own terms), and the models weren't Classic. They were gracious to allow them for....4 years now? But they had every right to take them down. If that ruins it for you, leave.

And the dogmatic Classicers. Shut up, seriously. You're obnoxious. It's not just insults over an opinion. Some of you are basically advocating violence because someone liked a thing. Holy fuck what are you, 6 years old? You're taking this shit way too fucking seriously.

There's like 900 threads and posts about these models and it's sparked the most drama I've seen since the last time someone uttered the acronym "TMO". I think it's time these discussions died. Just go enjoy Velious for fuck's sake.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

I always loved your contempt for everyone here. Lol. Hope you're doing well, Danyelle.
Closed Thread