Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Orc

Default my theory of daybreak recognizing us.

They are scared and know once velious hits we will take their flagship game away from them. We are playing the game from Verants original core game and 2 expansions. This server doesn't break any rules. I hope i dont get in trouble for saying this but they had to acknowledge P99 now since they did more Live will come here hopefully red blows up for the few left over on Rallos zek live. Our velious release scares them honestly and their progression isnt p99 (core game plus 2 expansions) the progression is trash based off what is left of EQs community voting. I dont play EQ i play P99. I can see why we are happy about this we made such a huge impact that they asked a emulator to not drop velious. PRAS. Thank you Rogean (and the rest).
Old 04-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

They're not scared of P99. P99 is not perfect, I would presume that live eq has branches and repositories of old eras of eq. Meaning they probably have a perfect classic, kunark and velious, etc server code.

They see P99 as a fan based server and figured it would be a better investment of time and energy to work with p99 rather then work against it. Both sides win in this situation with fairly little investment. P99 has grown quite a lot in popularity with a community to back it up. I simply see it as two sides working together for the greater good of EQ. More talk about EQ = more people playing EQ plain and simple.

It's good to give thanks. But don't "pras" like a mindless drone. I see this far too often on these forums.
Last edited by Baler; 04-30-2015 at 09:52 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

what i heard was that they didn't start preserving a lot of old code until like Luclin or PoP era.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what i heard was that they didn't start preserving a lot of old code until like Luclin or PoP era.
If that is the case then P99 is probably the closest to a perfected classic era of EQ. It wouldn't make sense for live to invest time and money on re-creating or reversing.

It's a shame we/they couldn't look ahead into the future. Preservation of server code seemed so overlooked back then. Just like preservation of information specific to expansions and eras. We're stuck using waybackmachine websites, logs, screenshots, videos, etc. *sigh*

My major qualm with p99 is that there are bugs or missing content from classic & kunark. For example specialization for spell casting was just implemented a few months back yet the server has been online for years. I'm afraid that with velious things may get overlooked or there may be more things that go unfixed for months or years. But I am happy that velious may fix or override any of the older bugs and missing content.

You can say that the devs have real lives and this isn't their full time job. It just seems like anyone these days can setup a private server and get "praz" for this or that.
Coming from the UO community, I know this all too well.
Last edited by Baler; 04-30-2015 at 10:07 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that is the case then P99 is probably the closest to a perfected classic era of EQ. It wouldn't make sense for live to invest time and money on re-creating or reversing.

It's a shame we/they couldn't look ahead into the future. Preservation of server code seemed so overlooked back then. Just like preservation of information specific to expansions and eras. We're stuck using waybackmachine websites, logs, screenshots, videos, etc. *sigh*

My major qualm with p99 is that there are bugs or missing content from classic & kunark. For example specialization for spell casting was just implemented a few months back yet the server has been online for years. I'm afraid that with velious things may get overlooked or there may be more things that go unfixed for months or years. But I am happy that velious may fix or override any of the older bugs and missing content.

You can say that the devs have real lives and this isn't their full time job. It just seems like anyone these days can setup a private server and get "praz" for this or that.
Everytime I see someone mention and/or complain about the bugs or missing content on this server makes me sad... I mean give Rogean, Nilbog, and the rest a break I mean my god... They work on making this server the best it can be in there part time.. Sure their not perfect and no they don't spend every free min working on this server. I mean its not like they are getting PAID to do anything with this server...
Old 04-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catashe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everytime I see someone mention and/or complain about the bugs or missing content on this server makes me sad... I mean give Rogean, Nilbog, and the rest a break I mean my god... They work on making this server the best it can be in there part time.. Sure their not perfect and no they don't spend every free min working on this server. I mean its not like they are getting PAID to do anything with this server...
I wish people would report bugs or stuff they know is wrong instead of exploiting it or falling back on "someone else will do it."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2015, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Its like a celebrity meeting their own impersonator, but when they were much younger, better looking and popular...

Way to go P99 for being recognized by the round table at Daybreak/SOE.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

These days I'd give either H1Z1 or Planetside 2 (doing big things on consoles) as their flagship titles.

EQ1/2 have some forever loyal fans but they're not bringing in that big money... unless people are lapping up those Station Cash items as well as subbing 3-4 accounts each.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:26 PM
Former Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These days I'd give either H1Z1 or Planetside 2 (doing big things on consoles) as their flagship titles.

EQ1/2 have some forever loyal fans but they're not bringing in that big money... unless people are lapping up those Station Cash items as well as subbing 3-4 accounts each.
Hey guys remember Dragon's Prophet?

Oh, no?

nevermind...
Old 04-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like no other project that I can think of, Velious depends on a good beta and its up to the community to do as much as possible to ensure inaccuracies are at a minimum on launch night. If the beta server is up its worth logging in and seeing if you can spot anything thats definitely wrong... and with evidence to prove it it'll likely be corrected.

One quirk of Velious was in ToFS, I had a wizard at that time who was struggling to get his defense skill maxed. There's a bookcase in there somewhere which is a floor trap, and back on live you could skill up defense on it. Finding evidence of that though has been tough so I'm hoping it'll work for my non-melee characters here but we'll see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If everyone neglects the beta we'll probably still get a good Velious as Nilbog is the best around but he shouldnt have to do it alone when theres 2000+ people in this community.
Closed Thread