Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Orc

Default I come from Canada, they think I'm slow eh..

Okay, I'm admittedly not the greatest with computer stuffs. I just got a fresh copy of EQ titanium installed, and I was wondering if anyone could give me step by step idiot proof steps to getting Project 1999 running. That would be just wonderful...Also, what can I expect? I was playing SoD for awhile, but was kind of disappointed as it did not have a classic feel...Please, tell me I'm on to something good, I miss class eq sofuckingmuch.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Kobold

Hello there and have you read this yet?

Getting Started

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEW5mh7iAI

Where ya from? Edmontonian here. ;D
Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Orc

Thanks, I think I'll get it running as soon as my storebought copy of Eq Titatium arrives...by UPS...in 30 minutes...

If I have any problems I'll hit up this thread.

Think I'll be starting a sexy wizard. Anyone want to level with me?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Orc

Oh, and London, Ontario for now; not sure about a few months from now, maybe out east [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] NS perhaps.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hail Mindsplatter!

Welcome back to EverQuest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you have any questions while you're in-game, feel free to send a /tell to me, and I'll do my best to help you out.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Kobold

Calgary here =D
Old 01-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Aviak

Welcome ... and yes, you are on to something good here, tell your friends!

Honus
Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Orc

Step 5 - Creating Shortcut
Now, you will need to create a shortcut to launch EverQuest and bypass the EQLive patcher (if this step is not taken, you will launch the patcher and overwrite the EQHost.txt file that you just modified, making you connect to the global EQLive Login Server). To do this, go into your EverQuest directory. Locate the EQGAME.EXE file. Right-click on the file and select "Create Shortcut." You can rename this shortcut and drag it anywhere you'd like (most people like to put it on their desktop). Now, right-click that shortcut and select Properties. In the target box, you will see the path to the eqgame.exe file. We need to edit this so that it will pass an argument to that executable when the shortcut is launched. At the end of the text box (after any parenthases), add "patchme" (no quotes). Your target box should look similar to this:

Grr, I'm having some troubles. When I copy and paste the eqgame.exe extension and add the patchme part and try to run it in an attempt to connect to servers, I'm getting a fatal software application error after eqgame.exe launches everytime...Any suggestions?
Last edited by Mindsplatter; 01-08-2010 at 09:33 AM..
Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hail again Mindsplatter!

Perhaps the problem is you're copying the executable file itself instead of simply making a shortcut for it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Let me try to simplify things for you:

1) Open up My Computer
2) Go into your EverQuest folder, wherever you installed it
3) Once you're in there, you're going to find eqgame.exe, just like you did before. This time, however, right-click the eqgame.exe file, then select Send To, and highlight Desktop (create shortcut), and click on that
4) Your desktop should now have a copy of the eqgame.exe file on it. Now follow the steps you tried doing before by adding 'patchme' into the target box, and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps you! I'll monitor the thread as much as I'm able to today to make sure you're okay. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread