Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor Trouble, all by himself.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relbaic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor Trouble, all by himself.
He'll always have Zabtik
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:51 AM
Kobold

phinny is a joke
Old 05-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

I'm surprised more people haven't migrated there sooner. Leaving p99 is the right choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virulentthemonstaire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
phinny is a joke
Because raiding here is so great, right!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Sarnak

Rolling on a rusty long sword? You need to get your loot council established ASAP.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Banned

but is it enough to make Swish shut the hell up already?
Old 05-07-2016, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

p99. the server where failure to fix classic raiding issues is a feature, not a bug. I said it when I first found this joint:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108771

Still true! Sad!
Old 05-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Kobold

In the end, having to deal with Sirken, his completely unwarranted ego given his awful performance as a GM, and inability to comprehend what it is like to play on this server's endgame proved too much. I have a ton of respect for the people who are so loyal to their friends that they put up with the insane bullshit this server requires of you to actually have any fun on it at high end, but the retarded sixteen hour variance and the hundreds of man-hours required to have reasonable chances to just have a single fun raid proved too much for BDA in the end, and broke the will of too many people who contributed the most to play at all.

Who knows if Phinny ends up being the answer. It has its own problems. I dont know if I will like it right to the end. But I can already tell one thing from it - it's sure the fuck run better than the disgrace Sirken has turned this into.

No matter what problems the players here have with each other, the true cancer is the GM. Best of luck you guys who still have to deal with him, you're a more patient player than me.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the end, having to deal with Sirken, his completely unwarranted ego given his awful performance as a GM, and inability to comprehend what it is like to play on this server's endgame proved too much. I have a ton of respect for the people who are so loyal to their friends that they put up with the insane bullshit this server requires of you to actually have any fun on it at high end, but the retarded sixteen hour variance and the hundreds of man-hours required to have reasonable chances to just have a single fun raid proved too much for BDA in the end, and broke the will of too many people who contributed the most to play at all.

Who knows if Phinny ends up being the answer. It has its own problems. I dont know if I will like it right to the end. But I can already tell one thing from it - it's sure the fuck run better than the disgrace Sirken has turned this into.

No matter what problems the players here have with each other, the true cancer is the GM. Best of luck you guys who still have to deal with him, you're a more patient player than me.
I wouldn't put it all on Sirken. The raid scene is horrendous, there's zero path of progression for any guild that's not willing to do what A/A are doing. Succumbing to that playstyle will eat people alive. It's not fair to place that kind of burden on an officer to make all that shit happen. It's on the players that continue to make the raid scene miserable, Sirken for condoning, and the devs for not caring either way.

P99 is classic as fuck, if you put blinders on and just grind with some friends up through the 50s or so you'll have fun, but don't ever ever ever think about actually raiding. It's cancerous.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:14 AM
Large Rat

Phinigel though? You got Uthgard launching in like 5 hours. Aren't EQ progression servers just as poopy? I remember seeing 200 people camping Noble on there.

Hope you guys find something worthwhile to play.
Closed Thread