Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Pathing

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 09:05 PM
Skeleton

Default hunting Groi Gutblade

Does anyone know how to hunt Groi Gutblade. I've stayed at his spawn spot for more than 2 hours several times without seeing him or PH at 276, 2968

thanks
Old 05-29-2019, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

He was changed last patch. See the patch notes. He's random loc now
Old 05-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Skeleton

Ah random location. That’s tough. Is there a magic item I can use to help find him
Last edited by bri1972; 05-29-2019 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Typos
Old 05-29-2019, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Just kill lion's around KFC and he will pop eventually.

Only seen him pop between KFC and Paw so far fyi.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Skeleton

I spent a couple of hours today killing lions near KFC with no luck. I thin I will move on to killing something else unless someone has any other tips.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:38 AM
Sarnak

You should have at least gotten him 2-3 times.

Do you know he doesn't pop at the kill spot of the lion? He pops somewhere random between PAW and KFC.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokzor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should have at least gotten him 2-3 times.

Do you know he doesn't pop at the kill spot of the lion? He pops somewhere random between PAW and KFC.
By random, do you mean like literally randomly? Like between various cords XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX (marking a point of each corner of a square) he can spawn anywhere inside that square based on an RNG location calculator?

Or do you mean like, a single spawn point that seems random to you because you haven't found its exact location yet?

Or can he spawn at like any 1 of 3 (or 5, or 6 or how many?) consistent location spawn points, between KFC and PAW?
Old 06-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or can he spawn at like any 1 of 3 (or 5, or 6 or how many?) consistent location spawn points, between KFC and PAW?
That.

Looks like he has about at least 5 - 6 spawn points.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Thx for clarifying!

The wiki is so confusing for this guy, ugh.

it says there is a rare lion that is a place holder? what the hell does that even mean? How can a PH be rare?

Like sometimes his PH is just not up? it spawns at totally random intervuls?

Edit: OK got him to spawn wow! But here are my questions..

The wiki says it has an almost instant repop, shouldnt since I have got him? After I kill him, I should see that ropop on track?

Like shouldnt after I got him, now I can just see the respawns in the area? Or are the lions, that are his PH... will they spawn all over SK? in random spawn points? (random meaing 1 of 6+?)
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-05-2019 at 06:10 PM..
Old 06-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Edit Edit: (wont let me edit that above post heh)

Like this is what I dont understand:

1. can the PH spawn at a different spawn point than the named? (in general, is this something I should look for on p99 in outdoor zones? I like to find these creatures)
2. I noticed groi came up on track imidiatly, or he pathed into it from not far outside of it, as he came from the southwest while I stooed on the tip of the hill between paw and KFC... however, I see ZERO lions on track regularly, not poping up on track, from that position... So it confuses me, are the PH for groi, not spawning from the same place as him?
3. The wiki says the PH is rare, I stll cannot see how that is possible? Like what I get from that is... there is a place holder, FOR the place holder? So yu like have to kill bears, to trigger the lion, that triggers the named? Is that something that exists in other zones?

I spent like 8 hours trying to spawn rahotep with no luck, except for him spawning within 5 minuets of me saying "Ill spawn rahotep" then 10hrs later (never seen again...)

I have no clue how to spawn mobs in outdoor zones, its so much more complex than inside a dungeon lol

I want to get a +5 wis crown and I want to get this stupid backpack! Any help to help me really wrap my brain around outdoor zones? (also the +5 wis crown the wiki says is on the same cycle as brother qwinn? If he spawns? I can just log off for the night or until he's killed? I wont see that named for the rest of the night? this is the NPC im talking about there.. sorry for the noob questions yall)
Closed Thread